Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 18, 2024, 03:23:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Feeding medicine and toilet training  (Read 3911 times)
twin dad

Ignore
« on: October 01, 2007, 10:22:01 PM »

Hi all, do you face problems while feeding medicine to your kids? Well, I do.... My kids (18 mths) simply refused oral medicine..... Had tried all kinds of ways - adding direct to milk, diluting the medicine with water, and even changing of cups to 'confuse' my kids... But the tricks only work for once....

Just like to ask around if any of you had any innovative ways to share with me? Am really running out of ideas liao....

Also any advice on toilet training? No clues on this at all...
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 10:26:07 PM by twin dad » Logged

Advertisement

jo

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 11:47:23 PM »

Hi,

my baby used to hate medicine too. But sometimes simply have to force it down his throat  Cry for his own good. After that when he got used to it, he was ok with just eating the medicine.
As for toilet training, it took me at least 2 years of running to the toilet once I get any clues of him wanting to poo. I will take off his diapers and put him on the toilet seat.
It takes alot of time and effort. But I think its all worth it in the end  Tongue
sleepingfish

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 01:30:18 AM »

twin dad? 'kids'? wow....twin huh? tat's nice.....

lucky for me, my son dun have problem with medicine....hmmmmm.....hopes yr kids can get over it soon.....
twin dad

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 01:43:37 AM »

Sleepingfish - yup, got a twin, boy and gal.... Heaven is kind to me..... I'm very grateful... cheers

To all - thanks for the comments. Well, guess my kids are particularly intolerable on medicine... They would just spit everything out even if we force it through.... That's why, it so difficult to administer the medicine.... No choice, have to continue thinking of ways to 'bluff' them...

As for toilet training, still trying to gather some techniques from other parents... Hopefully, my kids could adapt  fast.... Oh yes, any idea where I can get cheap and good potty?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: