Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 18, 2024, 02:23:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Feeding medicine and toilet training  (Read 3910 times)
punggolow

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 02:14:11 AM »

To force feed kids with medicine, use a syringe and squirt towards the side of their cheeks, not directly into the throat - they'll choke if medicine gets into the widepipe. To make sure they swallow intead of spitting out, pinch their nose gently, so that they have no choice but to swallow in order to breathe. Learned this method from my mil. Need some practice, and you'll perfect the skill. Sounds terrible but this method is reserved for kids who are resistant to eating medicine. If children are older, can give reward after finishing medicine. I think 18 mths should be able to understand and be rewarded.

I read somewhere that kids are ready to be toilet trained after 2 yrs old, but it may defer from kids to kids. (Any earlier may be training the care-giver instead of the kids, to be able to get them at the right time) My 2 girls started after 2 and within a mth, they were both weaned off diapers, including the night ones. My boy took longer, nearing 3 yrs old to be off diapers but still needed night diapers.

I have a child toilet seat (sponge and it is pink) to give away. I prefer child seat instead of potty - simple reason being no need to wash the potty. But potty is fun for the kids.

Advertisement

fsng0156

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2007, 06:08:44 AM »

I put the potty in the toilet. Everytime i go to the toilet i ask the kid along and we wee together. Each time they wee in the potty without me asking they get rewarded. For poo, i set a regular time and have them sit in the toilet for 10min ... after a while they always poo in the regular time.
Della

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 11:47:15 PM »

I put the potty in the toilet. Everytime i go to the toilet i ask the kid along and we wee together. Each time they wee in the potty without me asking they get rewarded. For poo, i set a regular time and have them sit in the toilet for 10min ... after a while they always poo in the regular time.
[/quote]
Hee..that's good idea..my son always follow his dad to toilet and watch him pee Haha : my son will
 look very curious and try to follow the way.. 
kekmadar

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 10:06:10 AM »

I think it is also depend on the taste of the medicine.If you are talking about Paracetamol then give Calpol instead of the medication given by the Gp practice.I tried that paracetamol and the taste is terrible but the Calpol is so nice that my toddler even asks for it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: