Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 07, 2024, 12:17:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Confinement catering  (Read 27389 times)
sunshineliv

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2007, 04:44:58 AM »

Initially I also thought that confinement catering would be better but after looking through some confinement catering websites, I realised they dont come cheap either. I saw the websites of the  2 recommended ones.

www.newbaby.com.sg
http://www.natalessentials.com/package.html

If you intend to order the lunch and dinner,it also works out to more than 1k for the month.  Of course, some mothers save money by ordering lunch only which is a lot cheaper.  They divide the lunch portions and eat the same thing for dinner again.  Some even share the food with their hubbies for dinner since their hubbies will come for dinner only.

I think you gotta work out the sums and see if it is worth it or not.  If you intend to get lunch n dinner catering which is also also 1k+, I personally think it is more worth it to get a CL. Some confinement agencies offers the service at 1.6k.  You pay about 500-600 more and you can get someone who can help to do chores and take care of your baby so that you can get more rest. Some also cook extra for the hubby since they would be cooking for themselves too. You pay for the marketing anyway. Of course I am not saying that 600 is not money, just that you gotta think if spending the 600 bucks more is worth it or not.

SO I think it really depends on your needs.  Some of my friends catered confinement catering because they dont believe in the traditional confinement but dont mind eating confinement food to nourish their bodies.

Advertisement

Vivien Wong

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2007, 04:57:20 AM »

Just to share.

The confinement nanny I got was easy going and she's not into money, she did it for the convenience for vegetarian to get vegetarian confinement nanny. So she charge me S$1.6k only. I gave her S$30 when she arrives, and S$70 when she leaves. Intend to give her more but since I am financially tight unable to do so. She even help me to buy herbs from M'sia where it is much much cheaper. Spend less than RM200 for the herbs and mock meat.

We still keep in touch and everytime she returns to Singapore, we'll go out, I help her find job, bring her around, and she helps me take care of my baby when I went for interview, make p/port for my baby, etc.

As for my aunt's (non vege), she got her friend's mother to come over for 1/2 day, and to cook for her. She charge her S$500 only. Pretty cheap I would say.

The ang pow thing is actually to buy them a pair of slipper and clothes, but giving money is more practical nowadays.

So far, I only know Le Cuisine is offering non-vege confinement meals. Tel no: 6269 9230

Hmm ... Alaska, you shouldn't feel pity for your 2nd one. For me, as long as I can provide them with basic things, even though 2nd hand is good enough. I do shower him with some brand new toys at times. Children grow pretty fast too. As they grow, they'll appreciate what they have more. Just like books, it's all hands-me-down. What's more important is their health and diet.

Maybe I relate an incident to you. My elder brother always had good,  new stuff. I never envy him. But once I got a trip to Malacca organised by our school and he doesn't (it was meant for primary 4 only, and he's in pri 5), he make a big fuss over it. Hmm .. Do you think this is good?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 05:03:02 AM by Vivien Wong » Logged

Stacy

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2007, 11:29:33 PM »

has anyone had problem wif their CL? i heard tat some CL are v stubborn just wont listen to what they want for their kid. Like tat's one where i heard that the CL ignored the parent's advice of not giving pacifier and the CL insist. so half way the parents had to ask the CL to leave!
Ceratoblack

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2007, 12:13:09 PM »

ware got ppl give new born pacifier wan.. sure ask her to leave wan lah..
somemore so stress after giving birth still have to argue wif CL..
ware got time...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: