Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 29, 2024, 12:47:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beauty, more than skin-deep  (Read 26444 times)
jeffire

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 04:42:56 AM »

is biotherm considered a cheaper alternative? (it's good, i know)

my mother bought the white detox essence but i haven't seen her using it.

myself i'm using biotherm hydra-detox cleanser alternate with the skin food's peppermint cleanser, Water2 toner (clearing it cos bought last yr) and garnier moisturiser. sometimes i use the ZA repair essence, it's pretty nourishing to use at night.

i think the skin food series not bad la. not very expensive either. my friend searched those "organic stuff" and found these:

http://www.budcosmetics.com/  (shop is in Square2, Novena Square)
http://skinrevival.com.sg/sr/ (kreta ayea, chinatown)

finally, there's a book called Nature Spa which teaches you to make your own skincare products, by this lady, the CEO of Vitasence. Vitasence got people rave before lei. haha. Have you used it?

I heard SKII you must use for quite some time to see effects, and once you don't use, because the skin is accustomed to the super nourishing power of SKII, it will feel uncomfortable when you change and have some problems... so take note about it.

Advertisement

cajohoney

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 08:36:47 AM »

I've used Biotherm before but after awhile I have got major breakout so stopped. Then I switched to Bella cos I was doing facial there. Cost me a bomb but no choice cos got BIG TIME breakout.

The Garnier light seems pretty good. It works on some of my pigmentation. Wonderful stuff.

Ya, I heard some stuff about SKII and I have been using it over a year. So far ok but think it is a tad too expensive because of their expensive endorsements, find it so not worth it to pay more due to the big endorsement fees of the international stars. They should endorse me with troubled skin. blushing Heard about using long term will have problems after that if switch brand.  Cry

Used Vitasence once (troubled skin so use lots of stuff) set up by Coreena. The products are good, helped to lessen my breakout but so so smelly! Too herbal for me.

Will look at those organic website. Thank you so much!

I heard Aesop is good. Heard anything about this?

People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed.
cajohoney

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2007, 04:11:35 AM »

I heard that Amway protein powder is good for ladies? Any reviews? Thought it is more appropriate to discuss here. cheers

People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed.
cajohoney

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 11:33:34 PM »

oops Thought I should share this with all of you since the usage of microwave with microwavable plastic containers should be quite prevalent among us. Received this email from someone close. Please read!

Cancer Update from John Hopkins

This information is being circulated at Walter Reed Army Medical Center as well. Please circulate to all you know Cancer update
John Hopkins -- Cancer News from John Hopkins

No plastic containers in micro

No water bottles in freezer.

No plastic wrap in microwave...

A dioxin chemical causes cancer, especially breast cancer.

Dioxins are highly poisonous to the cells of our bodies. Don't freeze your plastic bottles with water in them as this releases dioxins from the plastic.

Recently,... Edward Fujimoto, Wellness Program Manager at Castle Hospital, was on a TV program to explain this health hazard. He talked about dioxins and how bad they are for us.

He said that we should not be heating our food in the microwave using plastic containers...

This especially applies to foods that contain fat.

He said that the combination of fat, high heat, and plastics releases dioxin into the food and ultimately into the cells of the body...

Instead, he recommends using glass, such as Corning Ware, Pyrex or ceramic containers for heating food... You get the same results, only without the dioxin. So such things as TV dinners, instant ramen and soups, etc., should be removed from the container and heated in something else.

Paper isn't bad but you don't know what is in the paper. It's just safer to use tempered glass, Corning Ware, etc.

He reminded us that a while ago some of the fast food restaurants moved away from the foam containers to paper. The dioxin problem is one of the reasons...

Also, he pointed out that plastic wrap, such as Saran, is just as dangerous when placed over foods to be cooked in the microwave. As the food is nuked, the high heat causes poisonous toxins to actually melt out of the plastic wrap and drip into the food. Cover food with a paper towel instead.

This is an article that should be sent to anyone important in your life!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: