Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 16, 2024, 07:50:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: At what age shld a toddler start brushing his teeth  (Read 5730 times)
Stacy

Ignore
« on: July 06, 2007, 10:09:21 PM »

My boy is coming 18th months now and has almost full set of teeth. But he refuses to brush his teeth.
Just curious, at what age shld a toddler start brushing his teeth and how do u get him to be keen in brushing? we're tried showing it to him hoping that he'll mimick us. But he's just not keen!!

Advertisement

cajohoney

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 04:29:03 AM »

I started my eldest when he was about 24 months but it's always good to start earlier.  I use spiffies for my second who is now 10 mths old.

I know it's diffcult for them to start to want to brush their teeth a that young age.

I started by asking my eldest to join me when I brushed my teeth.  I tell him that's what big people do with their teeth, to keep them clean, the same reason as to why we bathe.  If not germs germs will grow.

Then I show him library books on brushing teeth.

Lastly, I brought him to the supermarket to pick his favourite toothpaste and toothbrush.

Just my 2-cents contribution! Tongue

People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed.
Chilliqueen

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2007, 11:41:44 AM »

My boy is coming 18th months now and has almost full set of teeth. But he refuses to brush his teeth.
Just curious, at what age shld a toddler start brushing his teeth and how do u get him to be keen in brushing? we're tried showing it to him hoping that he'll mimick us. But he's just not keen!!
Are u asking him to brush the teeth himself? or r u trying to brush for him..?
my dentist fren advised that for the start, its best to hav their teeth brush by parents cos the kids will b too young to brush properly by themselves..Improper brushing will also cause tooth decay in the long run..
my son is now 4yrs old n we r still brushing his teeth..occasionally we will try to let him brush himself, just to "test" whether is capable of doing it or not..however, we find tat it may take a lot of practice in order to do it properly..just hav to be patient bah.. Smiley
jo

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 01:17:04 AM »

I think should let the child have a feel of teeth brushing asap to make him accustomed to having his teeth brushed (by his parents of course) before he can brush by himself
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: