Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 04, 2024, 06:32:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone tried the Shichida Method for your child?  (Read 13649 times)
legacy

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2006, 09:55:59 AM »

Shichida is located at Springleaf Tower opposite International Plaza (Tanjong Pagar) & 2 floors at Toa Payoh HDB Hub.

I gather from other forum on Shichida's lesson plans (since i can't get them from the staff).  there is one topic on ESP (Extrasensory Perception) which I feel uncomfortable in.  This is a very controversial topic (especially to me cos' we are Christian).  I decided not to send my girl there. Am now considering other types of enrichment classes such as Kindermusik / Rhythm in Me....Yes, i also play Mozart music for her since she was borned....it does seems to calm her down faster and get to sleep mode faster...

My girl is finishing her term at Tumble Tots and I think it is getting harder for her to sit and listen to teacher as she is always very active and wants to explore on her own...so i thought music may be better...

What do you all think ?

Advertisement

PowerPuffGirl

My Precious Love

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2006, 11:03:49 AM »

I agree with you. I think the ESP are craps. I didnt bring my BB for it becos I got feedback from frds who went for the classes. So I intend to give tis a skip. I like the Kindermusik classes after having one time trial with them but Tanglin Mall is very far for me.  Thus I am currently waiting for the sch in tampines to get back to me on the weekend openings of the class.

I also intend to send him to tumble tots, agree with you tat Bbs at some point refuse to sit down and listen or see flash cards already. Think obstacles are very good for some sweat out. Any comments on the gymboree?
legacy

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2006, 05:07:18 AM »

i sent my girl for a trial session at Kindermusik today at Tanglin Mall. She loves it very much and I have signed her up for the Dec holiday prog already.....the teacher sings very well, engages the kids and the activities are very good for the kids......any one been to Kindermusik???

There is 1 gymboree at Tanglin Mall, watched them from outside...hmm..look like tumble tots stuff but i think better cos' bigger space, better equipment.....but i didn't check the price...i am also considering Growing Up Gifted at United Square....Smiley
Edelweiss

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2006, 05:34:15 AM »

Why waste money sending your child to gymboree or tumble tots?  Your child can develop his gross motor skills in the same manner by running in the park, playing in the playground, cycling etc.  You can also make up your own obstacle course at home - crawl inside boxes, jump over hoops, draw lines on the floor with chalk and walk on them... etc.  Ask your child for ideas.  Your child will also learn about prepositions (inside, over, on etc.) incidentally in a fun way.  It's so much more interesting, engages your child's creativity and best of all, it's FREE!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: