Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 04, 2024, 05:49:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone tried the Shichida Method for your child?  (Read 13648 times)
legacy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2006, 09:11:18 AM »

went to one of the Shichida centre to ask for details. 

Here are the fees payable : S$780 for 12 weekend lessons, annual registration fee of SGD 50, refundable deposit of SGD 300 (only if you stay for a  year with them), compulsory parent's conference @ SGD 170 for 1 parent, SGD290 for 2 parents. 

Teacher may recommend teaching materials which are to be bought separately or you will be taught how to DIY them.  I was not allowed to view a class in progress and they do not have a fixed curriculum for the 12 weeks for parents to know what they are putting their child into. 

Would you send your child there in view of the above fees? Anyone care to comment?

Advertisement

hokll

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2006, 06:20:20 PM »

Shichida mthd requires strong discipline and support in parents' resources. In addition to the $$$ fork out, you need to be able to set aside time to spend doing the right brain activity with your child. It's easy to just send your child off to enrichment class, but I think it's harder to keep up the discipline to enforce the daily rituals of doing the right brain activity a couple of times per day and everyday with your child.

To send or not to send, besides considering the fees, you might like to also consider whether you are ready to commit the daily rituals of right brain activity. And whether your child is able to take the classroom  model well. Do be prepared that every child is different, there is a tendency that young children tends to learn better by exploring mutisensory since there is usually greater interests in the younger age group in the child to explore their own body's function, strength and  mobility than sitting in a classrom. 

Be prepared to fork out more $$$ to buy materials and spend time/resource making DIY materials

Glenn Doman and Shichida may be similar in many ways but from my understanding, GD basically trained parents & is a home-based learning environment, and do not advocate classroom teaching environment for the children. Shichida, however from what little I know, is doing it big time commercially in Singapore in the classroom model for young children.
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2006, 12:45:45 AM »

may I know where is the location?

PowerPuffGirl

My Precious Love

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2006, 07:53:46 AM »

You enquiring on the Glen.D method? The agent only sells the materials and you teach your child at home. It was abt 400plus one a few hundred cards and a lifetime coaching from them (for the parents). Actually, I intended to send Bb to shichida but was put off by their $$ face. I dun think its worth to pump in so much for right brain simulation and it is not an enrichment class. Even the sch tells u so.

To simulate the right brain, the alternate way is to expose the child to music. I always play Mozart when my son sleeps or play. Or can just flash cards..

小时了了, 大未必佳. SO, I think just agar agar lor... Dun over stress our selves... (Dun think the BBs noe wht is stress now. We parents are more stressed up than them hahahaha)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: