Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 21, 2024, 11:17:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: anyone to help me to fetch my son frm extra class frm sch only on every thursday  (Read 3543 times)
tynee

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 03:53:35 AM »

Hi Pavilion8612,

To tell the truth, i wasn't prepared for all these extra classes. I mean my son is in Primary One and back in our days, there's no extra classes for Primary One students. But i guess times have changed. As a matter of fact, there's lots of these extra classes. My son was considered lucky as he only has to attend the Speech & Drama class which is being held on every Monday and ends at 3.30pm (there's only 10 sessions). Fyi, i have sacrificed my Off Days to substitute for all those Mondays, and i was totally desperate when there's another upcoming extra class for him. I dunt have anymore time off to fetch him back for that upcoming class.

Btw, these classes are like an enrichment program for your child and is not compulsory, but being a parent, i was like thinking how could i deprive him of such an opportunity where he could kind of like learn more, explore more.

However, there are extra classes which are COMPULSORY for students to attend. These classes are for those students who needs help in their subjects like English & Mathematics. They called it the LSP classes (Learning Support Program). There's even classes called the Buddy Reading Program and so on. Thank God, so far my son dunt have to attend these compulsory classes or else i might just have to resign. Wanna employ maid but due to the current financial commitments, not the right time yet. Cry

Truthfully said, I like Greendale Primary School. The school is so big and spacious with an indoor sports hall. The teachers are friendly and helpful too. I support all these extra classes but too bad my only problem is that i'm a working mother with no helper. I had raised my concern to my son's Form teacher and even spoke to the Principal and they tried to work out a deal with the transport company. Btw, my son is being sent back by the school bus so they tried to negotiate with the transport coy to fetch those kids involved in these extra classes. But failed lor....transport coy said, they are unable to comply with the request as they have other commitments.

However, the Principal said they might work out sumthing at the end of the year. Hopefully. Undecided

Advertisement

Pavilion8612

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 05:31:13 AM »

Hi tynee,

Thanks for your reply.

Really give me some insights on the school.  As a mom, I agreed we want the best for our kids.  It's just one of the dilemma of a working mum.  Hmm, I wonder how I'm going to cope too if my ds go to Greendale.

Just an idea, if you can't get any help.  Perhaps you want to try and engage a reliable taxi driver who can help to fetch your ds after the enrichment class?  Also, bring him up to the door would be best.

zuli

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 01:09:23 AM »

Hi Tynee, I can help to fetch your child if you want. Is it on every Thursday only? I stay not too far from the school. Let me know if you are interested.

PM me if you are keen.

Zuliana
Home-based Phonics Tutor
E: budstoblossoms@ymail.com
Learn Phonics Today!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: