Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 29, 2024, 04:43:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Phonics School to recommend for >3yrs old kids?  (Read 21965 times)
blursotong

Ignore
« on: October 17, 2007, 04:13:22 AM »

Hi,

Any body send their little one for Phonics class? Any school to recommend?

I have send my girl to Novena - Growing Up Gifted, I find the fee is a bit high, and the location is too far from Punggol, it is very inconvenient for us.

Appreciate you could advise me any Phonics School near by, with the contact number, fee. and comments....

Thank you.

Regards,
Blursotong

Advertisement

yellowbeetle

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 01:53:27 PM »

You can check out this homebased phonics class, website is   http://www.icreativelearner.com
Nearest location is at Sengkang. Minimum age to start is about 4. My son has attended for a year plus and got very good results. Can read simple books now.  Fees is $170 per 8 lessons. Each lesson is 1.5 h.   
pplchl

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 11:25:11 PM »

my friend's boy also attended the icreativelearner lessons, he did not progress as much as his other friends in his class because the parents are always out of town and not able to coach after each lesson. It depends on the parent's involvement to revise with the child after each lesson. if parents have no time then no programme can help the child unless the child is a  super kid.

It is a good programme and you can try out but you may be surprised there is a waiting list for the 4 yr old registration for 2008.

Good luck to u.
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 01:50:25 AM »

Wondering why must waitlist? There are 8 hrs a day, phonics 1 1/2 hr each. Can open 5 classes in a day or 35 classes in 7 days. All these are marketing gimmicks. It is up to the teacher whether they are willing to open the class if there are only 1-2 students.

Such a yaya-papaya centre, better go to other phonics centre that can accomodate your suitable timing.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: