Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 29, 2024, 07:53:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Phonics School to recommend for >3yrs old kids?  (Read 21966 times)
fsng0156

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 06:17:55 AM »

My friends sent their kids to Mrs Sam for Phonic -

http://www.mrssam.com.sg/specialty.htm

According to them, the school offers a thinking and creativity class for kids. One of the main emphasises of the class is teaching the kids first sounds. They also do activities to improve motor skills etc.

Personally, if your kids pre-school is already teaching them phonic it is really not necessary for the added class.

Advertisement

yellowbeetle

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 11:47:47 PM »

I agree with pplchl, parents' involvement is vital. The class size is about 6 or 7. There are 2 venues or rather homes to go to in Seng Kang. My son's teacher is very committed and have heard good review about the other teacher too. There is also an orientation before child commend the course to let parents know the programme outline and also the important role of the parents to make this works.     
blursotong

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 10:27:41 AM »

You can check out this homebased phonics class, website is   http://www.icreativelearner.com
Nearest location is at Sengkang. Minimum age to start is about 4. My son has attended for a year plus and got very good results. Can read simple books now.  Fees is $170 per 8 lessons. Each lesson is 1.5 h.   

Hi, yellowbeetle,

Appreciate you could let me know which center at Sengkang? What is the school name and contact no? Thank you.
hanifirdaus

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2007, 11:35:37 AM »

hello BLURSOTONG...my name is Hani..i teach phonics at home,am qualified..if you are interested,pls call me at 91250095..timings are pretty flexi on my part..i live at punggol field.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: