Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 30, 2024, 10:13:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any parent with kids in Greendale primary school ?  (Read 75803 times)
Cutiebabe

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2008, 02:22:54 AM »

Hi Littleangeline, Tongue

I thank you for your comments. Yup, I agree some parents in this forum do provide "false" information. I didn't get to speak to the principal nor the teacher. The person accompanying me to view the school ground level compound is their Admin Officer Jenny. She's quite friendly and approachable. When asked how are they (Greendale) trying to create awareness to the Punggol residents because it's new & the public might not has confidence in a new school. She said the teachers, Principal & everybody concerned will try their best to create a good environment. Hehe...though not a gd answer but at least they are willing to put in their best efforts.

I also visited Edgefield during the recess time. I found that it's extremely noisy. The children had their free time after their lunch. They are playing in the open space just opposite the ground floor classroom. It would more or less affect those students studying in the ground level. However, I've also spoken to one of the Admin staff. She's also quite willing to share her opinion on her own school & was approachable too.  

Though Edgefield was more established, academic & non-academic areas have shown improving results, I still choose Greendale over Edgefield partly becoz it's my son's decision. I did bring him to sight these 2 schools. However, he's not paying any attention on the environment etc, he kept playing his games. Haiz... Since he had voiced out his intention, I respect his decision too. I dun1 him to pull a long face to school everyday next year. If he does so, I'll say it's his decision to choose Greendale. I did not force him to choose that school either. (Very childish of me!) & partly, it's because of the overwhelming response by the no. of applicants choosing Greendale than Edgefield & the thread that I came across regarding the school principal~Ms Foong.  Therefore, I had set my mind on Greendale. Hehe...I've to have faith in the school that they'll strive even harder to carve out a niche in Punggol area.

Advertisement

darrylsoh

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2009, 10:37:04 AM »

Well I am a student at Mee Toh School.
For Mee Toh School:
You would need to reach to school by 7.15 for the morning sections.
Morning sections is for those pri 3.
If you would want your child to be in this school.
She will only reture home at around 6 pm.
This school is not quite tough but is still good.
It is recommended for those buddhists students, but other region is able to join too.
Theres lots of CCA there, if you are looking for rocking climbing, but I am sorry theres none.
So I suggest you should take Mee Toh School but still the slot is very hard to get in. waving
beanie976

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2010, 10:47:48 AM »

Hello parents.... I'll be registering my kid under Phase 2C this coming July. Totally understand what some of you went through last year.

Am considering Greendale and Mee Toh.  Since Greendale is so new, I haven't heard much about it yet. 

Any parent sent your kid to Greendale eventually?  Would really appreciate your feedback.

Thanks!
coachbag

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: February 12, 2011, 05:11:44 AM »

Hi,
I was surprise to see this thread as I had just moved to punggol and placed my son to Greendale this year. From what I see, he is happy to go to school everyday. Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: