Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 30, 2024, 08:30:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Save the Punggol End Grassland?  (Read 7084 times)
tom

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2007, 04:36:42 AM »

Ziedrich......may I suggest when you start designing your bamboo huts, try to put them on bamboo rafts anchored to shore. So for people who wants to spent the whole night looking at the stars, moon, rising and setting sun, they can be on the  rafts from night to morning. ya.......good idea ?  clapping keep us informed of your lattest development. smoking

Advertisement

skylarlady

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2007, 06:10:48 AM »

Ziedrich......may I suggest when you start designing your bamboo huts, try to put them on bamboo rafts anchored to shore. So for people who wants to spent the whole night looking at the stars, moon, rising and setting sun, they can be on the  rafts from night to morning. ya.......good idea ?  clapping keep us informed of your lattest development. smoking

Well, first & foremost, can they take down those dreadful fences/barrier along all punggol road now? it looks so ridiculous. why would they even need a barrier across the road of a vast of green opp of blk 639 area? jeez. dreadful. its killing the nature scenery, its murdering the beautiful sunrise scene every morning...  Cry
ziedrich

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2007, 08:43:45 AM »

thanks for your thoughts!

yah its only a project for a geography module, not for graduation (although it would be great to do for thesis in my opinion). its a "dream project", for me at least, cos as a singaporean i would like to have this type of space preserved. never experienced this type of place in mainland singapore, mostly gone already. apparently most people we talked to would like the rustic feel preserved. hey we thought of the kerosene lamps too! but there would be the (very) high risk of fire in grasslands.

there is this 0.05% chance of this being "developed" 'cos it will be reviewed by STB people. also, who knows? if most punggolians r really against development into some totally different place with no nature (as in wild) space it may become a success story like chek jawa Smiley
tom

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2007, 03:31:57 AM »

One day it may be materialised ......maybe not in Punggol but in other locations either in Singapore or nearby islands. Tell you a true story.............I was told in year 1965/66 session in Singapore Polytechnic, a group of students in Architectural Draughtmanship Dept., together with some Architectural lecturers are doing a similar dream for a class project. The topic was......." a dream Singapore Skyline along Shenton Way ".  cheers

You know what happen ?  They came up with some fantastic idea of filling up the sea alongside Shenton Way, with housing, reservoir and an overhead expressway with MRT running from reclaimed land, right up to Eastcoast.  blushing Today you have Marina Bay and Sheare's Bridge minus trains. It happens ....ya ?

So not to worry..........ideas will be taken up eventually..........Best wishes.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: