Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 16, 2024, 06:24:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Poll
Question: Do you believe in Spanking?
Yes - 14 (70%)
No - 4 (20%)
No comment - 2 (10%)
Total Voters: 20

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you believe in Spanking?  (Read 20586 times)
Americano

Ignore
« on: May 12, 2007, 01:08:37 PM »

I read in some threads about how children should be disclipined these days and I thought its a good topic to discuss and poll on. Personally, I grew up in a "cane" system and I agreed with my gf that caning is a must for our children. Respect must be earned. These days, kids simply have no respect for their parents. At 3 or 4 years old, some knew how to bargain with their parents. I do not have much faith in "Love" education.  waving

Advertisement

eothian

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 01:45:52 PM »

Yeah, I remember I wrote something about spankings in one of the threads. My stand is still the same : "Refrain from spanking the kids". Of course, that doesn't put me into the category of parents who spolit their kids. I have seen my nephews who have overcome the fear of spankings when they reached 9 - 10 years old and started to rebel. The parents cannot do anything because my nephews know all they will get are spankings (and they will / can endure).

If they fail their test = > Spank, if they answer back => Spank, if they swear vulgarities => Spank...so what's new ?

I don't also believe in "Love" Education either. Children ought to be thought to have some respect for people but spanking / caning isn't the right solution. We have to play mental war-fare with the kids already !

I guess children need to be punished in some other non-violent ways. What are the ways you guys can think of that is effective and non-physical ?

Really, violence begets violence, so who knows one day they become psychos ?  oops

Why some animals are still not kept in the zoo ?
scubaparents

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 05:25:21 PM »

I grew up with spanking as punishement, as a corrective method (hopefully) over something done wrong, but now that I'm a father of a child, I'm not so sure about this method, but we have other forms, more creative, more difficult for kids to talk their way out of it, and can definitely  be painful to the kid because it restricts the kid from enjoying what they were doing, restricts them from trying to do that wrong thing again, but should they try, then, like spanking, it's back to the drawing board again. I believe we're talking about spanking (using hands), and not caning, (using cane which is punishing without using hands). If a child notices the use of hands, it can be perceived that that hand of that adult is meant for pain and punishment & not about tenderness, love, and care and that can be a dangerous path to take for parents who love yet want to punish their children.
nor

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 12:09:23 AM »

I learn the hard way not just spank even cane too. And because to that i learn my lessons well. And learn to respect other people not just myself. It sort of creates or mould a character in a person. But i have my patience and limits. I can't just sayang my child and let her be a spoilt brat in future!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: