Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 16, 2024, 05:11:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Poll
Question: Do you believe in Spanking?
Yes - 14 (70%)
No - 4 (20%)
No comment - 2 (10%)
Total Voters: 20

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you believe in Spanking?  (Read 20584 times)
Chilliqueen

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 01:12:58 AM »

I dun believe in spanking the child for every wrong doings he did...it depends on wat is his misbehaviour...for certain "serious" case, caning will sent him the message tat this kind of misbehaviour cannot happen again..
No matter wat punishment methods u use, always explain to the child why he has to be punish n the mistakes tat he had made...For wat we have seen, "love" education does not seems to work on every child..

Advertisement

Vivien Wong

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 09:44:08 AM »

I grew up with that too. However, I believe in deducting or not giving the child school pocket money for the day should he or she misbehave for serious cases. It works better.

You can't imagine how children nowadays value money more than the parents! Take my 10-year-old sister for an example.

No matter how my parents reasoned, or spanked her, she shouted back, (even draw a picture of her 2nd older sis, and use a pencil to "stab" the picture when she has committed serious offence, and my sis spanked her, horrible or not?)

My mum say her with 1 sentence, she returnes her with 10. She's not even afraid of my dad. when al of us does (my dad hardly scold us, let alone beat, and that is why he earns our respect hehe). Once my mum said tomorrow no pocket $ for her, she kept quiet, murmur to herself ..

Money is the power man! What do you think?

Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 09:59:42 AM »

what about she goes into stealing? never eat got gastric? borrow money from friends and who knows a syndicate friend.

Don't use money to threaten. Give her what suppose to eat during recess time.

At that age is already too late to do spanking. Did yr mum spank her during earlier yrs?
PowerPuffGirl

My Precious Love

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 10:50:36 AM »

I think spanking shd be resort at the age of innocence (2yrs to 4+plus), thereaft any spanking is useless becos the child already ve his/her own mindset. If u didnt spank enuf and set the correct behavior in the beginning, its very difficult to change any ill behavior after everything is set, when they think tat its a norm. Basic principles like respect for elders, good manners, good behavior in toys department/supermart/shopping centres/kiddie rides, shd be cultivated as early as possible.

These are just my personal perspectives. I am not an expert.

OFF TOPIC: I went to cinema last week and I overheard a conversation betw a mom and child. The child wanted to throw something and his mom asked him to throw it on the floor. The son replied in astonishment:"Throw on the floor?" but he did it anyway. Wht kind of child are we raising? No wonder we have so many litter bugs in Sinkapore. I really feel sick.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: