Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 21, 2024, 08:19:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Big Dog Not Leash At Playground  (Read 70545 times)
ya1012

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2007, 02:55:31 AM »

Many BIG DOGS around nowadays here......... I wouldn't bother to so call report legal/illegal in these cases.  But I agree that they must at least leashed the dogs and PLEASE DO IT, just in case the animals went under control and bite the kids.     Once I asked a dog owner nicely to do that as my kids are around, he said, " I keep these dogs, I'm very sure they don't bite".   

Hello, how do you know exactly for sure? They're in any case, still animals.  If anything should happen, you'll only said,"So sorrie, soorrie.....I'll pay you compensation...". I don't want and need that, your compensation just not help to heal their mental wounds! I just want my kids to be safe.

So DOG OWNERS here, pls help to do a simple deed. Thanks.

Advertisement

Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2007, 09:25:29 AM »

blk ----, 17th storey
blk ---, 4th storey
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 12:26:36 AM by Admin, Reason: removed blk numbers » Logged
nurzai

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2007, 12:49:45 PM »

So i guess rusher has a dog and i am very sure of it...... i said the common area, the playgroud are for human use and not for the dogs... did i said the whole earth is for human only??? use your eyes and brains when replying rusher..... i specifically said there are dog runs around singapore that you can bring your dogs and let them run free... not the common hdb area and playground.. i repeat myself again use your eyes and brains when replying.. lets not get personal... its a solution that we want not more troubles. the last thing i want is a confrontation between us neighbours. God created humans and animals and all other living things on this earth for a reason. Who am i to say that this earth is for human use only, well I DID NOT GIVE that statement, you did. And as for the humans that attacked animals, report them to the SPCA and see what happen? they either get a heafty fine or at least a few days in jail, and mind you jail is not a place where you want to be am i right? So human on a leash if they attack an animal,??? could we say it is almost alike, a human lock up in a cage(prison) as to leashing a human?? Mmmmm i wonder.
Hey rusher lets not get personal k. i am merely giving my opinion because of my bad experiences with dog owners around my neighbourhood.
i do apologize if i have offended you, rusher or anyone else here.
 waving winked clapping
Claydol

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2007, 08:24:37 AM »

I agree with Wahidahsg & Nurzai that playgrounds are built for humans, not dogs. If for dogs, it would not be called 'playground' with all those play & exercise structures.

Tell me, can a dog slide down a slide, can it play on the see-saw with its mate, can it ride on the ponies, can it use the exercise bars?? These are evidently built for HUMANS, RESIDENTS OF PUNGGOL.

Dogs can enjoy the garden walks with their owners but they should not infringe on children's playgrounds UNLEASHED. It will be a win-win situation if the dog is leashed and the owner is ever watchful of its pet, not doing pull-ups at the other side of the playground.

I believe children and dogs can co-exist peacefully if proper precautions are taken. A lot of children love dogs and having a cute leashed dog near them can bring forth joy and some pastoral feelings of love & care towards animals.I hope dog owners take responsibility for this.

Another point - Do you also know that Muslims are not to touch dogs? I am not a Muslim but am very aware that we have to be sensitive to other races and religions. A few weeks ago, while waiting for bus outside Punggol Plaza bus stop, I was so disgusted to see a man walking his dog along the crowded pasar malam aisle. It was a Saturday afternoon and very crowded with Hari Raya shoppers. One Malay family was trying to steer clear of the dog but the man did not seem to notice...just strolled on!

Sigh............ Cry
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 35   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: