Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 10, 2024, 11:33:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Accident across Punggol Plaza  (Read 92098 times)
188Punggol

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2010, 05:43:17 AM »

Just alighted on the opposite side of punggol plaza today. Noticed that the barriers are now contiguous, meaning that there is no gap for pedestrians anymore.

Good move... save lives.

Advertisement

zhuzai03129

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2010, 03:00:19 AM »

After reading so mani replies in this post, i feel so sad now. Before staying here, i read about the news but bo feeling... Shift here liao, then read this post, imagine if this happen to my kid... i will be very sad. but how is the driver ah?? Anyone know what is his sentence? Shd jail him!!!  mad
limweech

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2010, 08:21:56 AM »

Aug 17, 2010
Girl's death due to negligence
By Khushwant Singh

'In my opinion, it was negligent to travel at such a high speed along a road near a bus stop serving a densely populated estate,' noted Coroner Soh.

The coroner noted that the speed limit there was 50kmh but accident reconstruction experts determined that Mr Tijan's Subaru Impreza was travelling between 71kmh and 85kmh at that time.

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_567475.html
limweech

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2011, 04:28:13 PM »

Feedback from Michael Low to LTA

http://www.tnp.sg/printfriendly/0,4139,233612,00.html

’Dangerous zones’ near shopping mall”, The New Paper, 17 Mar 2010
18 March 2010

SOME time ago, a 5-year-old girl was killed when crossing the road with her grandfather in Punggol.

The Land Transport Authority (LTA) then erected a metal barrier on the centre divider to prevent people from crossing the road dangerously.

Mostly, people cross to get to bus-stops or to Punggol Plaza.

Now, people have to walk to the LRT station nearby, take the lift up and walk to another lift to go down.

This is safer, but it takes more time.

I suggest that LTA put zebra crossings on both sides of Punggol Field, near the bus-stops.

Outside the entrance of Punggol Plaza is another danger point.

Pedestrians going to Punggol Plaza have to cross a short stretch of road, where they have to look to the right for cars turning into the basement and to the left for those coming out.

Motorists and pedestrians have to be extra careful here.

It doesn't help that many people are pushing prams and shopping carts or carrying bags of groceries.

A zebra crossing may not be feasible at this point as it may create a bottleneck for the vehicles.

Perhaps a big warning sign can be put up for motorists to slow down and be extra careful.

FROM READER MICHAEL LOW
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: