Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 26, 2024, 05:37:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Accident across Punggol Plaza  (Read 91971 times)
limweech

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2010, 02:21:56 PM »

sgkingkong, can you share the LTA email address you sent to? is there a case reference number? i am seeking details of the study done by LTA, surveys done of existing users, standards used, how the conclusion and solution was reached, map showing the railing extension; expected outcomes, and costs, of extending the centre railings; alternatives evaluated, and plans for following up the solution after implementation.

Advertisement

pwongkk

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2010, 09:55:27 AM »

limweech, please question LTA what moderate traffic means in terms of traffic volume.
When did they check the traffic condition (morning peak, noon or evening peak)?
Did they take into consideration that more vehicles are using that stretch of road with the opening of KPE?

It seems like public funds are channelled more towards investments like buying up foreign companies than improving public ammenties. To add on, 24hr police posts are not operating at certain timing. Police presence (traffic and constable) seemed to have disappeared.

It's no wonder why people are speeding and modifying their vehicles without fear. There are no longer any deterrence.
oldman

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2010, 02:48:25 AM »

anyway nobody is perfect. how to expect them to monitor everyinch of road? those that not careful is their problem not mine. so long i am careful is ok already. Smiley
sanny

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2010, 09:11:45 AM »

My daughter is also being taught never to run about in car parks and at traffic crossings ... if she were to pull me to dash across the road ... my response would be a straight NO and I would stand firm ... btw, I do keep reminding her about these rules every now and then ... got to make sure these are permanently 'drilled' into her brain ...

wow thats very good!

but if she pull you to dash across the road will you follow or will you teach her again?

I have a 4 year old daughter ... I have been teaching her to lookout for cars in the car parks and traffic crossings since she is 2 years old.  She has now learned (and insisted) not to cross the road unless there is a 'Green Man Walking' and be on a constant lookout for incoming cars in car parks.  As a parent, it is our responsibility to teach our children about road safety and it is never too young to start.

Dear Bubblesha,

Just curious to know how you can teach a 5-year old to "always look back and reflect oneself" when crossing the road ?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: