Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 30, 2024, 12:08:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Accident across Punggol Plaza  (Read 92034 times)
Bubblesha

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 10:40:04 AM »

I also believe that each and every of us have to do our part to live happily in any parts of the world.
According, to my knowledge, those fencing are not close fully for a reason and emergency cases (police casses/fire escape/ fire engines) and those bushes are originaly covered fully in that area to refrain people to crossover. Those space, that u see now is a man made space created by hundreds of jay walkers which results a big space seems like a space made open for crossing which is obviously not made by authorities.
Early this year I saw those town council worker planting a few plants to cover up the area again and in May some work is done to cover the area again for Racial Harmony street parade and not long after that the space is created again.
Why? Why? Why cant we accept the fact and learn not to be egoistic, ignorant! We are at times so proud of ourself attain position and education and often forgets that we are just humans, nobody is superior, strong, rich or smart and most of all we are all going to the same cycle of life... To be born, to live and die...

Advertisement

Bubblesha

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2009, 11:56:40 AM »

Basically, the open area (without fence) across both sides of the roads has always been a temptation for most, young & old, to cross over to get to either sides of the road. Without a physical barrier, Folks just like to take the easier & faster way to get across. .................................
 nothing beats just walking across for convienient sake. I don't understand why there are even tiles lay down on the central divider that even entice people to walk across though they are suppose to use the overhead LRT bridge. Overshadowing trees that reduce the visibility of these pedestrain crossing at night is another big problem.

It is extremely unsafe and till a physical barrier is setup to deter people from walking/dashing across, many will continue to take chance and assume that such accident will not happen to them.

As a resident, i really hope that the lost of this little girl's life will help to put up a strong justification for the authority to erect a barrier across the roads there. I do not wish to see this fatal accident to become part of national's statistic.

One fatal accident that claimed an innocent live is just too many. I seek your consideration in this matter to do something about it. If the area across Primemart supermarket & kopitiam can have physical barrier across both sides of the road, i do not see the reason why a high traffic & conjested area esp along PG plaza can't have similar deterent setup.

sincerely

Dear esunny...please write a letter to GOD also, why is childbirth so painful, why is there disasters around the world, why is human made to be smart to invent cars, why are we made to live then die....

Can we blame Obama or The US president for the Economy downturn? can we blame the government for a reactions and behavours of the other Singaporeans?

What if vice versa happen, the LRT was on Fire, there is no space for Fire Engine access for saving/ rescue procedure (refering to the accident area)? Will you write a letter to them on this...

Can Starhub and Singtel make each and every of us happy individually while we are all made differently with different opinions? Can all Nations and countries satisfy us individually? Difinitely not and thats why "Rules. Terms. Conditions" are created non other by Humans themselves

I have kept this for so long and now... I think its time for me to give my opinion. I really respect and appreciate that somebody have invented Forum pages in the net and newspaper, I agree that this is good for us to post some answers and questions but sad to say Forums that are made and complains that are posted are no longer meant for these purpose which also includes long Qs for bank hotlines or companies, what I would like to say is that its just mainly for self individual interest which are selfish.

Have our grandfathers thought us wrongly? What did they miss? Have we forgotten to blame ourselves...Have we forget to be honest? "Don't work hard but work smart"... why are we always cheating? are all waivers that we requested from Telcos, banks and companies are 100% genuine or just a 100% ignorant from users

I do understand that its hard to make a living but hardship is experienced everywhere even a few centuries back eg Jesus or whoever u have read in the book of history.

There is the good, bad and ugly which is the fact of life and I believe that some of us are appointed or born to be leaders, the rich and the bad ones, there is nobody to point fingers at and there is nobody to be blame but ourself and CHANGES starts from ourself.. not others

So before we made comments or blame others... I think we should always look back and reflect ourself.... We are actually the Man in The Mirror... Grin
esunny

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2009, 08:51:39 PM »

my intention is not to fingerpoint at anybody. I understand what you are driving at, unfortunately not everyone is as rational as you when options are put in front of them at that instant.

It's not my intention either to get into emotional discussion. I want to hear what can be done with the suggestions and views from the community/authority. It's meant to be a constructive thread for those who think what ought or can possibly be done/explore such that this risk can be mitigated and people can commute within a safer boundary.

EK

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2009, 10:38:52 PM »

hi all,

I believe we can voice out and write constructive feedback to the relevant authorities including our district mayor....

Dear Officer-In-Charge,

I had read this piece of sad news in today Straits Times http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_461933.html.

This, infact, was not the first accident that happened along Punggol Field Road. Infact I believe the last accident was in June 2009 when two cars collided into each other in the cross junction of Punggol Field Road (area C of inserted map).

Living in this area, we had witnessed many of such accidents along the stretch and hopefully this will be the last tragic accident before the relevant authorities took some action.
http://www.punggol.sg/forum/general_discussion/accident_across_punggol_plaza-t28314.0.html

Suggested actions:

1) To construct fence fully from point A to C. Noticed that there is fence constructed along A but stop mid-way. I can provide heaps of photographs where teenagers will dangerously bounce their balls while jaywalking and walking towards the basketball court.

2) To remove flat concrete slabs in the central divider from encouraging people to jaywalk.

3) To trim down or remove the plants in the central divider to improve the visibility should anyone still jaywalk after implacing the fence

4) To put a speed camera at point C to reduce the number of speed drivers. There are too many speeders along this road, both motor cycles and cars. Also the U-turn in point C is dangerously position, more often than not, the drivers could not be able to see the incoming vehicle from the opposite direction.

Hopefully, some actions will be taken before the next accident occur. We do not need another death/accident statistic to prove this stretch of road is really dangerous!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: