Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 03, 2024, 05:15:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: vegetarian food recipes  (Read 28245 times)
Vivien Wong

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2007, 10:37:07 AM »

My younger brother who is deaf-and-mute, once my sis explain to him why we should go vegetarian, he go meatless there and then. Really salute him, cos for most of us, it needs time.

He has maggie mee for lunch daily. My mum refuses to cook for lunch eversince a keypo customer comment "What? You all eat 3 meals/ day? Pig meh? 2 times/ day can liaolar."

Since then, my mum becomes lazy, so my poor dad, brother and two younger sis have to eat mee .. Worried for them because of the seasoning packet.  Sad

Not everyone can turn vege, even when they know the facts. Some turn back to meat, due to temptation that meat is yummy, but they have forgotten that KFC become so yummy is also because of the spices and herbs - all veges.

Give me some boiled vegetables and I can finish it, vegetables has their mild taste of sweetness. Give you a boiled piece of chicken without any seasoning .. anyone?

No offence ya, just my sharing. I was once a meat eater, 7 yrs ago. Turn vege for my love towards animals. My pet rabbit was BBQ by my malay neighbour the night when my granny gave her because of the poor animal's smell. My poor rabbit .. I was 5 that time. Even human has smell!!!

Yes, organic stuff are rather expensive in Singapore, but if you can travel to JB and do your shopping there, it is quite cheap actually.

I cook xiao mi, xiao xiao mi, huai san, bai he, shu shi san bao, gou zhi, hung zhao, baby corn with pumpkin, sweet potato, veges, carrot, potato or any root/ vegetables. He loves it so much.

Sorry, side track from this thread.

Care to share why and how/ when you guys turn vege?

Advertisement

Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2007, 10:50:52 AM »

went there just now at Hougang Ave 7.

Yes, I saw the coffee shop as well as the bakery shop near to the bus stop.

What's fruit cake in mandarin? why that lady didn't understand fruit cake.

Eventually she said no longer selling. Last time have, now no more.
Vivien Wong

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2007, 12:27:15 PM »

Got, fruit cake is alamak, my chinese also very poor, it should be sui guo dan gao?

Where got last time? I last month only order one for Mother's Day. Funny ..

Alternative, can try Emicakes, they do have a wide range of eggless cake. Too bad, Vegepal closed shop. Missed their eggless durian cake!  Cry

Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2007, 12:30:08 PM »

you mean the fruit cake you are talking about is the birthday cake?

My version of fruit cake is those have raisins and some dried fruits.

Alamak, no wonder she showed me the cake with mango on top. Aiyah.....wrong cake lah.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: