Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 23, 2024, 09:12:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: vegetarian food recipes  (Read 28106 times)
shells

Squirrel, Squirrel... here I come!!!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 01:26:30 AM »

my parents are already babysitting a 6 months old chinese boy..  my mum had experience looking after two kids together before (alone).. so if you don't mind, it's not a problem for us.  furthermore, my dad is a retiree now.. so he's helping my mum out everyday.

hehe.. the mum was taking care of the child (she had 3 mths maternity and took another 2 mths off).  the baby was "bo bah".  after he came over our place.. the dad said, the child become so "bah bah" and alot of muscles liao.. hehe.. he took him to register for a baby competition or something.. he was bigger size than other kids his age.. so funny  stick tongue  the funny part was.. the mum told us, "don't feed him too much hor".  at this stage, he should be drinking as much milk as possible for nutrients.. but the mother tell us to feed him more porridge instead recently, scared that "he don't know how to consume solids next time".  but he lovessssssssss milk.. his tongue will come out trying to lick for more after he finished.  porridge.. like asking him to swallow poison lidat.. cry and cry none stop.  my mum has to "force" him into a half-sit, half-lie position.. to feed him.. else his hands will come and kachiao and throw the food away.

but.. he's still many times better than the previous one she babysitted.  the baby's father was the bigger nightmare than the baby herself.  he didn't cherish or appreciate  bonding with her through little things.. even when he comes home early from work.. has his weekends off, etc... it's weird.  doesn't like to bathe her, feed her, etc.. unless he has "no choice".

Advertisement

sweetheavens

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 11:46:59 PM »

my family have been vegetarian since 1988. Smiley and i super love my mum's cooking to the max!!! after i move to punggol (next year) will definitely miss her cooking much de... Undecided my mum cooks by "agarration" (new word!)... agar agar put in ingredients and seasoning one... so no recipes. but here's a sneak on her "rice dumplings"...

http://deedee-licious.blogspot.com/2006/05/mummys-cooking-special-homecooked-rice.html

Vivien Wong

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 02:05:00 AM »

Hi,

Personally I enjoyed eating (vegetarian of course).

Have you been to Lotus or Lingzhi?

Eight Treasures Vegetarian: Opens 2 days before Vesak Day. 282A South Bridge Rd (opposite Buddha Tooth Temple). Nearest mrt: Chinatown

Tel: 6534 7727
Operating hrs: 11 am - 9 pm

Dim sum for breakfast on 1st and 15th lunar of the chinese calendar.

There's 20% discount from now until 16th June. Looks classy, have yet try it.

Here's another food fair again ..

Date : 8 Jun 2007
Name : Ren Ci Vegetarian Food Fiesta 2007

Description
The annual Ren Ci Vegetarian Food Fiesta, into its 6th year, is back again with mouthwatering vegetarian delicacies! Food coupons are priced at $50 per booklet. For purchase of coupons or enquiries, please call 6385 3450. Funds raised will go into the recurrent operating expenditure for patient care and the building fund of our New Hospital at Irrawaddy Road

Date: 8 – 10 June 2007
Time: 11am – 8.00pm
Venue: Suntec City (Outside Tower 5)

shells

Squirrel, Squirrel... here I come!!!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 03:33:07 AM »

hey guys..

there's one very good stall of vegetarian cooked food at Hougang.  Take bus 165 from Hougang Bus interchange, alight after you see the Hougang Stadium.  It's in the few blocks of HDB flats just across the road.  there's one block there with some shops on the ground floor.

they are open everyday, even public holidays. they serve all kinds of zi char - fish, vegetables, gong bao ji ding, and even chicken rice, roti prata, ramen (they make the ramen themselves by hand).  our favorite is their mutton curry ramen.  they also have niang tofu, roti john, rojak, etc...

All of the above are vegetarian.  i often go there with my parents.. 3 of us just order a few dishes to share.. the bill is always between $15 to $18 at most.  even their drinks are home-brewed.  from sour plum, chrysanthemum, etc... a wide range to choose from.

go during their dinner time.. they will have a wider variety.  lunch time is quiet, and the main chefs are not around.  they are always crowded.. there's not much space inside the shop, so they set up not less than 10 tables along the void deck.  the best time to go would be after 830pm, when most of the crowd are gone.  but they will still have alot of food.. no worries.

highly recommended Tongue

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: