Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 12, 2024, 08:24:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hokkien Fried Mee a.k.a Sotong Mee  (Read 10359 times)
coffeelover

Ignore
« on: October 16, 2007, 04:13:01 AM »

Hi, has anyone ever tried the hokkien fried mee sold at Republic Food Court (Wisma Atria & Vivocity)?

It is really tasty. They actually cook it over charcoal instead of electric stove, bringing out the aroma of the rich prawn stock. The noodles are also springy with the right amount of moisture absorbed from the broth. To top it all off, they serve it with olden days' bamboo-like brown wrapper. I don't know what's it called because it's way before my time when the hawkers used these brown wrapper for take-aways. Tongue

I think they have a recent addition at the new Hougang Mall food court but am not sure. I did not check out the stall's name but the set up looks the same, charcoal fire & all .....the only difference is that the one at HG Mall mixes cut chilli with the noodles while frying, probably to add some zest for chilli-lover Singaporeans. But bad news for children lor.....my kids love the dish but can't eat from HG Mall!

Nevertheless, it's still worth a try the next time you're in the HG vicinity! thumbs up

Advertisement

Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 09:18:53 AM »

Hougang Mall 4th floor. Are the cooks wearing straw hats? If that's the stall, I've tried it before.
Hanne

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 09:25:30 PM »

I believe it's the same, the stall's right at the end corner & the staff wear straw hats. Ya, it's pretty good except that they don't have the typical sinful belly pork & lard. Yum yum, those are really delicious! But of coz, awfully bad for health!! oops The Q's always very long too.........whether at Wisma, Vivo or HG.
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 09:34:15 PM »

come at 11:30am for lunch weekdays, no queue leh......at Hougang Mall.

PP also have those cooks wear straw hats.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: