Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 01, 2024, 07:05:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pointing fingers  (Read 5316 times)
tom

Ignore
« on: February 14, 2007, 04:13:42 AM »

" Between the sand and a flooded place "

When Johor was flooded , they claimed we filled up certain part of the sea with sand,  water level goes up and flooded Johor.  Next comes Thailand, who claimed that we are listening to their phone conversations whenever they started talking. Next Indonesia who exported sand to us and become a millionaire, claimed Indonesia is becoming smaller. Sooner or later, Phillipine will follow suit.

How long can we be a nice little educated gentleman, being push around and said, oh dear, their countries are having problems here, difficulties there, so we must help them, do not make matters worst. Do Punggolians feel that we are being pushed around for fun ? Cry

Advertisement

Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 04:43:55 AM »

Oh Shocked Singapore such a developed country with everything aimed to be the best still being pushed around by developing countries?

May be Singapore has to donate more $$$.........
Fire76

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 01:50:08 AM »

" Between the sand and a flooded place "

When Johor was flooded , they claimed we filled up certain part of the sea with sand,  water level goes up and flooded Johor.  Next comes Thailand, who claimed that we are listening to their phone conversations whenever they started talking. Next Indonesia who exported sand to us and become a millionaire, claimed Indonesia is becoming smaller. Sooner or later, Phillipine will follow suit.

How long can we be a nice little educated gentleman, being push around and said, oh dear, their countries are having problems here, difficulties there, so we must help them, do not make matters worst. Do Punggolians feel that we are being pushed around for fun ? Cry

Frackly for me, i have a feeling that things are not as simple as we all see from the paper, cos can we trust shitty time reports?
Like in Thailand case, i think i would be angry if i am Thai. We have be labelled Internationally as Singapore International Pte Ltd. Who cares it is TH, Singtel, Capitol Land etc...All belong to "you know who"..? Do you think by distance away from the mess will improve relationship.
As for Indonesia, again i have read about treaty issue which has been low play by the media as now..But i feel this may be a good part of reason why they stop ship on sand.

And also That made Indonesia very unhappy. Via TODAY Online:
Indonesia's Industry Minister Fahmi Idris is still upset at Singapore's decision to raise the haze issue at the United Nations General Assembly last month. . To register his protest at the move, Mr Fahmi boycotted a meeting of the Indonesia-Singapore joint steering committee on the Batam, Bintan and Karimun special economic zones, according to Antara news agency. . "I did not attend the meeting in protest of Singapore's step to table the haze issue at the UN General Assembly, though Singapore has previously agreed to tackle the problem at Asean (Association of South-east Asian Nations) level," said Mr Fahmi, who stayed away from last Friday's meeting.

In short, the Indonesian Minister accused Singapore of not uphold the spirit of cooperation among Asean member countries. Quote:

"As a Cabinet minister, I also feel offended by Singapore's statement at the General Assembly that the (Indonesian) President, his ministers, the House of Representatives and the provincial administrations are not solid in tackling the spread of the haze," said Mr Fahmi.

Malaysia, whose total land mass shrouded in the haze far exceeded Singapore, is apparently not feeling anything.

So who is really bad?Huh?? We just have to read up more..
waterpoint

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 10:21:35 AM »

Frankly, do you guys and gals (Huh?) feel that Singaporean and our Garmen are too arrogant?

Thought by thought and action by action ...
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: