Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 28, 2024, 06:12:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lucky draw to get low-wage workers to join CPF scheme  (Read 14949 times)
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2007, 10:00:53 PM »

what gay websites?

Advertisement

ultramanz

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2007, 01:42:59 AM »

For the lower wage group, "money is really not enough"... , they probably know that already... I suppose they're pushing this CPF contribution so that the low wage workers can "take care of themselves-medical expenses especially" during old age.  Our govt is smart isn't it? So they dun "burden" the economy when our population ages...  Off course to put it nicely to them or "packaging"per se, they'll tell u saving in CPF is good for you! Who doesn't know that? But for them, the lower wage worker like one of my relatives, salary just cover barely expenses.

well if thats the purpose aint that better for the bulk of the working population? i would rather tat they push for more finnancial planning for the needy right from the start than to turn our country into a welfare state where subsidies are jus given freely to anyone and everyone..

imagine up to half of your income is taken away as tax to support the welfare of your countrymen.. tats wats happening in many 'welfare states' in europe...

Certainly & positively agree we shouldn't move toward a "welfare state", but the govt actually can do much more to help this group. Financially planning? Yes, gd idea, but also need $... unless govt provide free financial planners to this group... also need $..u think govt will do this for free?...so they got lucky draw, sponsor private sector....But it's like a merry-go-round, round & round, did they hit jackpot? Doubt so, the workfare bonus is by far, I think, the most workable help they've rendered to this group of low wage workers.

of course the government can do more.. no system is perfect in this world anyway.. the ideal situation would be that the government will jus provide more aids in terms of $$$ to the low income group since that wat they need most.. since there must always be a balance in the equation, who do they get the extra $$ from? its still the taxpayers.. so its really chicken and egg if u think about it.. u give more on one end, u'll need to receive more on another.. the real deal is where should the balance be...  smoking

biscuit

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2007, 02:15:05 AM »

Just heard from a discussion on radio this morning about the lower income group can utilise their Medisave to pay for chronic illness consultation / treatment at gahmen polyclinics. Just found shocking facts :

(i) You can only use medisave to pay for your consultation / treatment if it is charged S$30 and above ;
(ii) There is a administrative charge of S$3.14 per transaction to use the medisave
(iii) You can only use it for chronic illness, not consultations for common flus, or body checkup etc.

It also seems that the gahmen wants to make known about this policy to the lower income group. Think again, would it be effective for them to consider using their medisave to pay with the above criteria ?

I would think to those low income people who really need money for their consultation this is the ONLY option they have. It can helps. To the chronic disease patient if they have money in medisave which can utilities for consultation that will help a lot. For chronic disease like cancer average one consultation is about $200 over dollar at NCC. The frequency of consultation is about once every 3 or 4 weeks. It depends on the patient condition. I came to know cos’ few years back when my late mom diagnosed with cancer the consultation is in cash payment so now can use medisave it definitely a great relieve to the patient and his/her family. I would think it is good to relax the use of medisave to some of the Singaporean.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: