Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 03, 2024, 02:04:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Government want to increase Birth Rate But....  (Read 23326 times)
PowerPuffGirl

My Precious Love

Ignore
« on: March 04, 2007, 02:15:18 AM »

Our Government wants to increase birth rates. They are giving out baby bonus up to $12k for the third. They are subsidizing education and giving out bursaries. But why are pple not giving birth? Below are the fews problems tat I had tot of and I hope tat the list will pile.

It doesn't help if:
1) Being pregnant meant the end of ur beautiful appraisal and ur impregnable gentlemen suddenly perform better than u becos they wont be going for maternity leave.
2) Bosses starting finding fault on you to oust u out of the company.
3) Necessities ranging from diapers to milk powders are so exp.  Ever wonder Y milk powder shd be subjected to GST increase? Rice can be cooked to become sushi, milk powder and diapers?
4) Price of Infant care ranges from $800 to $1200 (b4 subsidizes), for an average $4k income wage family, its almost 1/3 of the salaries. Even nannies are charging $600
5) Ever tot of how much time u are spending with ur child every day? Go home early from work, ur boss think u lazy. Go home late, ur child suffers. How to balance?

Anymore to add?

Advertisement

Americano

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 12:14:52 PM »

I am not even sure if Sinkapore is the best place for children. hahaha. You must be kidding
Confuz

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 07:44:08 PM »

With the increasing cost of living, who dare to add more mouths to the family?
Moreover everyone is busily stressed and loaded with work, is the fertility rate as good as in the 70s & 80s?
In the 70s and 80s, a family is possible to be supported with only 1 party working, what about now?
I am wondering how our so-called 'retirement fund' which is our cpf can help us in our final years.
Heard from friend that migrating elsewhere is one of the way in getting all our cpf $ back fully.
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 08:15:05 PM »

give up Singapore citizenship once you obtained the citizenship of the other country.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: