Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 05, 2024, 11:29:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boy suffers head injuries following accident in Punggol Field  (Read 16296 times)
Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 02:52:57 AM »

Hope this will trigger the TPs to be more active on the entire stretch of PunkGo Field road...
It is also just a matter of time that the illegal parked cars outside PP to cause accidents..
Illegal parked cars there block the visibility of on-coming vehicles on that stretch of road as well vehicles entering and exiting PP carpark.

Advertisement

eothian

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 09:42:07 AM »

Since the Punggol Field in within the School Zone (Mee Toh and Edgefield Schools are nearby), perhaps LTA should put more humps to discourage drivers from speeding. At the same time, I guess they should fence up the small pavement which links from the Prime Supermart's bus stop to the opposite's to discourage people from crossing the road illegally. Use the overhead link to the Meridan LRT station for safety sake !

Why some animals are still not kept in the zoo ?
Runner

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 10:03:06 AM »

I remember seeing fence there, or am i mistaken. Hmm... tomorrow will check again.
Btw, humps are not a good idea. It will cause more traffic jam in the narrow two-lane road.
If a person doesnt want to take care of themselves, no matter what precaution the Authority took, accidents still happen.
Best is still through education.
I've seen predestians climbed over fencing just becos they are too lazy to go up the bridge.
Take for eg; remember the drowning of a teenager in the big drain. There are fence, barriades etc.
after this sad incident, Ch 8 made a special report on it, found that students still climb over the fencing, into the drain, taking short-cut.
eothian

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2007, 10:24:11 AM »

I remember seeing fence there, or am i mistaken. Hmm... tomorrow will check again.
Btw, humps are not a good idea. It will cause more traffic jam in the narrow two-lane road.
If a person doesnt want to take care of themselves, no matter what precaution the Authority took, accidents still happen.
Best is still through education.
I've seen predestians climbed over fencing just becos they are too lazy to go up the bridge.
Take for eg; remember the drowning of a teenager in the big drain. There are fence, barriades etc.
after this sad incident, Ch 8 made a special report on it, found that students still climb over the fencing, into the drain, taking short-cut.

Yesterday's accident should be reported on the news so as to educate people from climbing over the fence and cross the road illegally. But no one will be as educated as the boy who kena the accident. Now he knows....but too late.

Still, humps have to be installed because it is within the school zone. No humps will prompt drivers to speed. Everyday, without fail, you will hear accidents here and there on the radio...Singapore really has a lot of accidents on the road.

Why some animals are still not kept in the zoo ?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: