Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 05, 2024, 05:52:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boy suffers head injuries following accident in Punggol Field  (Read 16294 times)
Runner

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2007, 12:22:50 AM »

Putting up barricades won't solve the problem... hv seen young kids and old ppl climbing over the barricades set up... education is key... must teach our kids safety at all times...
It only discourage, not 100% stop.
Nothing is 100%.
Yeah, Education is still best.

Advertisement

shells

Squirrel, Squirrel... here I come!!!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2007, 03:28:40 AM »

i don't agree it's 100% on either the driver or the kid.   both have to share equal responsibilities.  the kid should have looked more carefully before crossing, it's not just that particular spot, but wherever he is.. traffic lights, zebra crossings, or anything else...   at the same time, the driver should know that, having a bus-stop and prime mini-mart/coffeeshop just across the road, he should have slowed down when he came to this area.  but he didn't.

anyway, what's done is already done.. schools and parents should educate the children more where traffic is concerned.

SnapSnap

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2007, 05:43:47 AM »

Education is important... However, school can only teach... I believe PARENTS should show their children the correct way of crossing the road... many times I see parents jay walking, no "hue" the traffic, bringing kids along, crossing as if they own the road... kids will learn the wrong way of crossing faster like this... Sad
Runner

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2007, 05:55:21 AM »

Oh, that remind me of one accident long time ago at AMK central, ave 3.
This mother was holding the hand of her son(abt 5-6yr old), standing at the centre divider, waiting to cross the road.
But the mother wasn't too confident in crossing, dashed out, pulling her son along, but decided to step back immediately.
However, she did not hold her son tight enough, her son dashed across instead, hit by an oncoming car right in front of her.

sad case.....
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: