Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 17, 2024, 09:38:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inconsiderate Neighbour [Dog Barking @ Blk 204C #11floor]  (Read 6217 times)
cher_06

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 10:49:05 PM »

Why dont you all speak to the owners first?  I think we all should live harmoniously before getting the police to come in.  I personally feel for the dogs who are really innocent. I got a friend whose Snauzher barks whenever the owners go out and someone comes home.  Then they had neighbours complaining.  However, when I think about it, those dogs although small in size, are meant to be guard dogs, and hence it is their instinctive nature to bark when someone is at the door.  And I have another friend who has a terrier mixed, and barks whenever people press the door bell too.  And all HDB asked them to do was to muzzle their dogs! Barking is dogs' nature of communication. And yes, I agree that small dogs' barking can be a nuisance, but sometimes just got to close two eyes and ears. 

I am not sure what is the intensity of this barking issue, probably you should speak to the owners first.  And find out what exactly is the issue.  Yes, I agree it is the owners responsibility to keep their dogs leashed, quiet etc, and I can assure you that owners wont want their dogs to bark as well and are also stressed when their dogs keep barking, fearing to disturb their neighbours.  Similarly, I got a neighbour whom I believe the baby is colic, cries non-stop and its really at the top of her lungs.  What should I do then?  It is disturbing my sleep at night too.  I am sure the parents are very stressed when the baby cries, and having the authorities to step in would not solve the problem.  In this case, I guess if it was a dog, the dog could be removed and 'put to sleep', but what about the baby?  And, how about those inconsiderate neighbours who play Majong till middle of the night non-stop? 

I would strongly suggest that you speak to the neighbour first before taking further action.  The other day my MIL neighbour told her that whenever we close the door, it would be good to close it softly as my husband and his brother always just shut the door, and unknowingly it was loud enough to wake the baby up.  So hence, the point taken, and we try to be more considerate when we close the door now.  SOmetimes its just misunderstanding, but if we can be more open, everyone will be happy!

Advertisement

ikuzuSCJ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 01:36:32 AM »

No offence to any...

For the past 3 years... I heard my neighbour's dog barking everyday...
and all sort of noises from everywhere... baby crying, car braking, road digging...

Now my neighbour's 2 dogs are still barking many times in a day....
but no more baby crying (probably the baby grew up and no need to cry to express liao)...

I think most people would accept a crying noise from a baby and not a barking noise... bcos babies are very welcoming into the neighbourhood...

But dogs are already branded as nuisances in the neighbourhood becos many inconsiderate owners do not clean up dog's urine and pick up the dog's poop in public places....

chitchat

msaddict

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 09:08:10 AM »

seriously i think most ppl in this forum hates dogs in tt case y don all dog haters stay in 1 cluster?
jessieyl

Live each day fully as if it is your last!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 11:25:54 AM »

Oh.. Talk about closing doors loudly.. My neighbours up and downstairs have serious problems trying to close the gates quietly ! They seem to like to slam their doors and gates! Somemore, if ur unit lives near the rubbish chute area, u can hear it quite clearly even in the bedrooms if someone release the chute pedal violently! Where are all the gracious Singaporeans?? In my personal experience, talking nicely to these pple won't help . Talking to the authorities lagi won't help . Mediation centre is for show. I went b4 there and ended up paying for a fee even I am the victim and the problem unresolved. Sigh! Somtimes got to take matters into ur own hands ..

God Bless!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: