Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 17, 2024, 03:58:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Foreign neighbours...  (Read 4182 times)
RSKeisuke

Ignore
« on: January 13, 2007, 02:07:00 AM »

Have you guys got neighbours who are not local and dun seem to know the HDB living culture?

I've got one.. and he's bouncing his basketball in his home right now as i'm typing this!!!  head banging

Advertisement

elmo

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 04:13:27 AM »

I do! the owner of my neighbour upstairs, directly above me rented out his flat for 3 years now. two group of tenants had stayed there.

first tenant, a fillippino couple. think they have odd working hours. will cooked at 3am when they're back from work. worse, with bad noise insulation in HDB flats and they don't shut their windows, you get to hear "noises" whenever they're making out. becoz they have odd working hours, these "noises" can sometimes be heard during afternoons.

2nd tenant, currently staying. a group of chinese students. threw coffee packets down and littered my air con ledge. some of the coffee packets flew into my kitchen. i was kind enough to clear them myself without much complain for weeks until my husband got fed up and went up to complain. that same day, they started to throw USED tea bags!!! this is when we called the police and they went up to warn them. they bounce balls at 12 midnite too. and they slam the gate and bedroom doors really loud until the neighbour staying opposite them couldn't take it any longer, went and told them off.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 04:16:59 AM by elmo » Logged
gaonrat

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 08:38:13 AM »

I do! the owner of my neighbour upstairs, directly above me rented out his flat for 3 years now. two group of tenants had stayed there.

first tenant, a fillippino couple. think they have odd working hours. will cooked at 3am when they're back from work. worse, with bad noise insulation in HDB flats and they don't shut their windows, you get to hear "noises" whenever they're making out. becoz they have odd working hours, these "noises" can sometimes be heard during afternoons.

2nd tenant, currently staying. a group of chinese students. threw coffee packets down and littered my air con ledge. some of the coffee packets flew into my kitchen. i was kind enough to clear them myself without much complain for weeks until my husband got fed up and went up to complain. that same day, they started to throw USED tea bags!!! this is when we called the police and they went up to warn them. they bounce balls at 12 midnite too. and they slam the gate and bedroom doors really loud until the neighbour staying opposite them couldn't take it any longer, went and told them off.
i think it much better if u feed back to the HDB that you suspect ur neighbour is renting the all of his unit out and the tenant are making a lots of noise.
police can only give warning and nothing much can be done.
rxhxn

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 10:04:07 AM »

Truly said..the police will advice to report to hdb. if u read my postings in complaint..there's similarity...all seem quiet now and i'm monitoring the situation..wish u all the best...get advice on the next course of action if u really can't stand them..
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: