Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 18, 2024, 10:18:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Denied access into Punggol Field Walk during National Day dinner  (Read 32590 times)
lweicheo

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2006, 01:56:38 AM »

sure do

They are building sheltered walkway around Punggol, projects only ready by year end -> if no delay. Ha ha

Advertisement

mercurean

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2006, 10:14:33 PM »

hi,

I shared the same experience with you. I have encountered similar incidents elsewhere and it is not pertaining to Punggol 21 per se.

While I was not able to have express unhappiness elsewhere, I realise that as a resident of Punggol 21, I am fortunate to air my views, in many channels available including this forum. (I guess this is another thing unique about Punngol 21. I dun see any Bedok forums or Tampines forum).

Long time ago, I used to protest in the same way but I realise that it is negative energy on my part to do so. I have found that solving the problem by approaching the source or root of problem is the best approach. I got matters resolved and many parties happier after that.

I have written in to pennylow@punggolnorth.org.sg on this matter and I have received a reply that they will look into this matter and revert to me shortly. I would like to share the replies to all when I have received it.

Having said that, I must say that every single individual and resident of Punggol 21 has a very important role to play to make Punggol 21 a better place for ourselves. I advocate postitive contributions to make our Punggol 21 a better place than any other town and neighbourhood in Singapore. We are not helping our neighbourhood to grow and mature if some of them are helping the neighbourhood postively while some are promoting negative energies. To put it simply, it takes 10 residents to help to keep our block clean but it takes just one resident to anyhow litter to spoil the image of our condo-alike flat. I hope this analogy helps to explain my point Smiley

Just a foot for thought......I do see that you all are very concern residents and wanted Punggol 21 to be a better place....I was wondering, wheter we are able to garness our efforts and make Punggol 21 a better place for ourselves Smiley

kochmeister

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2006, 10:56:41 PM »

I just read your thread. It is indeed disheartening to hear what you have gone through. Yes I do agree that perhaps a copy of this letter to the Straits Times, the LTA and even the office of the Prime Minister is in order.

We are living in a free country and to be denied access as such in view that your child is sick is a violation of human rights. So what if a member of parlaiment is involved in a dinner party. The functions of an MP is just another job. Are we to say that some people here have elated the role of an MP to one of god-like status where their very presence is such that they can block the parents of a sick child from seeing a doctor?

Mercurean, I do agree with your views. And strongly at that too that. THis sort of thing not obnly occurs in Punggol but everywhere as well. However in this case, it is a sad day when the adults are playing and a poor child is suffering.

If you ask me a, if they are going to give a standard apologetic letter in response to this email/letter then indeed I truly am very disappointed.

Yes, the Orwellian world of 1984 couldn't be more real in this country.
Fire76

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2006, 12:55:01 AM »

I am also resident of 128. Came home about 9pm the cars anyhow park at the entrances and so much so that safety is compromise. Imagine if there is a fire at 128D ... I tell you there is no way the fire engine or ambulance can access that block....  crying

I think the event is poorly organise as the open field could be a temporary car park rather than illegally parking at the roadside as it's dangerous to oth drivers and predestrains.

Any police around and anyone got booked??
Hmm... head banging head banging head banging head banging
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: