Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 05, 2024, 01:49:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Denied access into Punggol Field Walk during National Day dinner  (Read 32528 times)
lweicheo

Ignore
« on: August 19, 2006, 02:30:11 PM »

Unhappy encounter by my wife and in-laws during the Natioal Day dinner

An email to our beloved MP Ms Penny Low voicing our displeasure

Dear Ms Penny Low

I'm a resident of block 128D. I'm writing to voice my displeasure to the National Day dinner held on 19 August.

During my absence, my in-laws fetched my wife and my 16 month daughter for dinner. On the way, my daughter was screaming and yelling, she was also heard wheezing from her breathing. It was then decided to return and sent her for a doctor consultation at Punggol Plaza. My daughter was diagnosed with severe inflamed tonsil and upper respiratory tract infection.

After the consultation, at around 8-plus, my in-laws drove with the intention of dropping them off at the driveway of our block. However access to Punggol Field Walk was denied by personnel stating that unless the driver was a resident of the block. Even after much pleading and explaining that my child was sick, it was fruitless. Without any alternatives, my wife had to disembark at the bus stop outside block 126A.

My wife had to carry a struggling and screaming child, and to push the pram home from the bus stop. Adding to her misery, the ramp access to the sheltered walkway was blocked by vehicles parked indiscriminately along the walkway.

I understand the importance and significant to organising such an event yearly. I also believe that majority of the event-goers are residents of the GRC. However information and due considerations should be given to the vast remaining residents that are most likely to be affected by the event. Instructions should be in place that these residents should not be greatly affected. (Music and songs are still being played over the loud speaker at 2315hours).

I also look forward to your reply to my queries:

1. Was there any permission from LTA to close off Punggol Field Road (such notice was neither available at www.lta.gov.sg nor Pasir Ris-Punggol town council website)? Even with permission, there wasn't any information of the date and time of the closure.

2. Although the driver was not a resident of the block, why was my in-laws denied access even explaining that my daughter was sick? I strongly believe that most of the vehicles that were parked indiscriminately at the driveway weren't residents of our block.

Thank you

PS: A quote from the book Animal Farm by George Orwell:
"ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL
BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS"

Advertisement

gaonrat

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 10:59:01 PM »

PS: A quote from the book Animal Farm by George Orwell:
"ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL
BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS"  thumbs up

did u really quote the above in ur mail? if so wonder what her reaction will be? Cheesy
btw, how about sending it to ST forum..think it wil be better than just send her directly ..i mean in term of reply.. winked
PowerRanger

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 12:23:30 AM »

I am also resident of 128. Came home about 9pm the cars anyhow park at the entrances and so much so that safety is compromise. Imagine if there is a fire at 128D ... I tell you there is no way the fire engine or ambulance can access that block....  crying

I think the event is poorly organise as the open field could be a temporary car park rather than illegally parking at the roadside as it's dangerous to oth drivers and predestrains.
tikki

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 12:49:45 AM »

Very sorry to hear about what you have gone through. I  think you should send the letter to her. I have always been supportive  but since moving to punggol and seeing lots of things happening here and how the things are handled, has made me changed my mind.Your incident is only one of them.
People who have gone through a lot of problems and have asked for help and have seen the help given will know how much or little help has been given.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: