Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 05, 2024, 02:12:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Workgroup to look into dirty habits in heartland.  (Read 14147 times)
tom

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2008, 05:29:01 AM »

So far eight solid months gone and nothing was mention in the press or TV as to how much has already been done. Is this just simply talk and no action ? What a failure............and a disappointment.  Undecided Undecided

Advertisement

bbqueenie

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2008, 12:08:27 AM »

Agree with the one on high floor littering and water dripping from clothes, many times we notice people throwing down packets of unfinished rice or milo wrapper, sweet wrappers and cigarettes, even eye drops also.

i Think these people are very inconsiderate. If other neighbours hang clothes out to dry, thats it man. I now very scared to hang my clothes out....any use if i complain to hdb or town council?
tom

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 10:11:23 AM »

My neighbour, my friend, it begins with me. ( by HDB )

Is this the result ?

Recently, a booklet were distributed to households in Singapore. Beautifully presented.

In it the following questions were tabulated and answered.

1. How can I be a good neighbour ?
    Get to know the people around you. Talk to your neighbour and prepare to listen. Join community activities.

2. Making yourselves available.
    Help your neighbour. Participating in resident's activities. Volunteering for the community.

3. Simple dos and dont's.
    For your safety. Keeping Pets : ensure that your dog does not disturb your neighbours.
    Keep noise level down. Be a responsible home owner.

4. Speak with your neighbour when you feel that your neighbours' actions cause you inconveniences.

and blur, blur, blur..........

Like that if problems can be solve.........it's strange. Huh? Huh?
rxhxn

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2009, 12:40:15 PM »

Well, as Straits Times stated today that Racial Harmony MRHA is still valid 20 years down the road since it was implemented, i think that years ago movement like stop littering, stop spitting...etc should be rekindled because the arguement is that Singapore is a migrant society back then...nothing changes still...many immigrants still comes to Singapore with their culture/values...the issue is to make them adapt to Singapore lifestyle and not us that have to adapt to their lifestyle...recently it was mentioned in the papers that 1/3 of Singapore population are foreigners...and SM mentioned that it would be more that 40 years before we become a nation...perhaps if u have conditioned the people enough to live together in harmony...but SM i beg to differ...Singapore will never truly become a nation due to its small size and migrant status...perhaps u have vision for tomorrow but you may not have the time to keep to its implementation...no one lives forever...even great empires fall...the truth is, can Singapore survive after SM, PM and PM to be have passed thru...the next 2/3 generation will not be that strong as they do not partake in the formation of Singapore in its earlier years...its a global world now...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: