Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 05, 2024, 08:11:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Workgroup to look into dirty habits in heartland.  (Read 14145 times)
rxhxn

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2009, 12:47:58 PM »

Ah...beg your pardon..its MM and not SM...seems my mind is a bit hazy...ahh..the greatness of Rome...they can only whisper in the wind....

Advertisement

tom

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2009, 01:47:38 AM »

Cases of disputes between neighbours in HDB flats.

Accordine to reports : Year 2008, the community mediation centre, which deals with social, community and family disputes, handled 324 cases. Year 2007, it saw 264 cases. Year 2006 saw 268 cases.

Magistrates complaints on relational disputes including quarrels between neighbours. Year 2008, there are 4087 cases. Year 2007, there are 3716 cases.

Smiley Whatever is not reported or handle by the respective agencies, nobody knows the figures. it may end up to be in the tens of thousands of disputes.

This increase of disputes between HDB neighbours has prompted the setting up of a " Neighbourhood Court " inside the Subordinate  Court in year 2008. It has so far heard 29 neighbourhood disputes.

What are they actually quarelling about ?  Grin 1. NOISE DISTURBANCES
                                                             2. DRAGGING OF FURNITURES
                                                             3. SLAMMING OF DOORS.
                                                             4. LOUD MUSIC
                                                             5. DRIPPING LAUNDRY
                                                             6. BURNING JOSS PAPER AND JOSS STICKS  IN COMMON AREAS.
                                                             7. HIGH RISE LITTERING, CIGARETTE BUTTS,TRASH AND ASH.

Finally the Ministry of National Development had to step in. It was announced that before year 2009 ends the following will be enforced.

1. Details about a system of warnings will be worked out.
2. Fines will be imposed for recalcitrant residents.

Smiley Smiley Finally we saw action. thumbs up thumbs up
tom

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2010, 10:16:00 AM »

]2009 more cases of high rise littering, almost 1000 cases of complaints received by NEA. ( National Environment Agency )

It is quite disturbing to know, Singaporeans brought this problem up to their MPS in meet the people session and yet nothing much has been done. Some MPS even claimed they received at least two such complaints per week. What a joke  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

One MP in our Pasir-Ris Punggol GRC even suggested installing CCTVS....... Smiley  Huh? but where to installed. Other MPS blamed foreigners having different cultures and standards. No point pointing fingers. What we are more interested in is " how are we going to solve this problem ".

Punggol Girl

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2010, 08:55:45 PM »

Hi Tom and all,
I'm new to this forum - am intrigued that we can discuss stuff and get things off our chest....

Previously, I've actually made quite a few calls to the town council regarding stuff thrown out of windows.  The worst for me is bearing with cigarette butts, dust and hair in a tangle (seems like thrown out after someone has swept her floor) being blown almost daily into my dining room and kitchen. 

The response is to ask something like "which floor" and they said they will send flyers to the residents above me so that it will not be so obvious that we are targeting anyone in particular.  The problem hasn't stopped and I've since learnt to live with it...  I'm extremely   Cry Cry
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: