Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 18, 2024, 10:42:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Punggol residents' committe centre rarely open?  (Read 15726 times)
tom

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2007, 02:48:56 AM »

aiyo how come you don't know ........ Smiley

Ever since the Kampong CC days, CC members went round the kampong asking for contributions. The kampong folks come out with whatever collections, say $1,000........The authority match the amount with another $1,000. So with $2,000 built a Kampong CC. Planks with zinc roofing.

Recently, there was a letter from the CC management asking residents to contribute to the NEW CC fund. As claimed, they need $ 2 million for the new building, supposingly the authority will come out with a similar amount.

The authority said, " The Community Club belongs to the residents, so the residents had to look for money to built the club.  Smiley Smiley This is how much I knew reading from papers, once in a whiile maybe on TV. Maybe other members may wish to elaborate..............  chitchat

Advertisement

Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2007, 12:57:02 AM »

Absolutely absurb!
So peasants need to cough out $2mil so that they will match $2mil and build CC with $4mil?
Well, when comes to donation and money, I'm much reserved after so much hoohaa... No transparency. Noone knows where the $ goes to.
Anotherproblem is commoners do not have the liberty to increase their pay and salary and end up with much much more disposable cash.
In that case, if all punkgolians do not donate, meaning the fund remains $0, there will not be any CC?
Or let's say the fund raised = $50k, I'm just curious to know how a $50k CC will look like..
Maybe made of Zinc roof? Donation? No time for such crap man!
Take a look: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/317586/1/.html
Ofcourse we know it's not going be popular or let to win vote, that's why the announcement comes way way AFTER GE ma..
I thought civil servants' objective is to serve and run a country for it's benefits ?
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 01:04:01 AM by Stallion » Logged
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2007, 02:28:13 AM »

the donors wish their names to be planted on the wall of the CC when the building is ready. The donors will thereafter being recognised by the MPs and will be awarded PBM or BBM titles.

It is like buying a title in terms of donations to obtain POWER and FAME. Good for businessmen. Win-win situation in business-political aspect.

The budget for CC is already allocated and CC will eventually being build as per schedule.
Morally Right

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2007, 11:17:31 PM »

Hi there!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!  cheers Live just above the current Punggol 21 CC... at Blk 172C have been to their office...cosy little office.. clapping

Yeah!!! I have received the letter from their Management too about donating money to build a BIG CC beside where...hmmm Punggol Plaza I think... spoke with the staff there and they actually shared with me come community conscious matters... Haa... think of those times when my ah gong told me about that zinc roof and tv in the CC that brings everyone together. Now supposed the CC has taken on a really different look and cost in the modern times...

Just like now when we dun live in bricks house, we live in pre-fab houses that cost us so much more... I made a donation of a miserable S$100, but I hope will go some way lah. But I think it cost more than S$4 m to build a CC building lah... a condo unit cost more than that already.. Cost should be much higher bah? S$10 m? Don't know..perhaps some expert can advise.

How can we build a society of self help and mutual help and not be a society of takers but rather givers? I suppose that is how charities and VWOs strive? (Chim ya...Christmas season sparks thoughts!!! ) Tongue

HOW CAN WE BE MORE GRACIOUS HAR? JINGLE BELLS JINGLE BELLS JINGLE ALL THE WAY... blushing
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: