Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 03, 2024, 07:16:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to complain  (Read 6834 times)
p_jas

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 07:11:33 AM »

Hi,

Try your luck to raise your concern to Seng Kang Branch Town Council.

Be mentally prepared if you gets a lousy staff who visit your neighbour about your complaint.

Just to share with you, I do have a neighbour seem to be doing some handy work at home.
Most of the time, dragging & knocking can be heard.

We went & feedback this to SK Town Council, then came the staff to check. He went up, approached the "owner" then came back telling us that that guy said is he not him loh. Could be someone else.  With that kind of reply, the staff was satisfied & told us the case is now closed. If there is such incident again, we can go direct to POLICE.. what is way to TAI CHI the problem.

Bottomline is, I think the staff did not even step into the flat & check if there is any evidence. Just wana hush hush settle & close it... In fact, where got thief in this world say they r thief one?Huh?  head banging

Advertisement

tom

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2007, 03:25:20 AM »

Smiley Shall we take a look at some possibilities as to why our top floor neighbour acted this way ........hanging out bamboo poles creating a loud noise. Our neighbour maybe a young maid or an elderly person who are too weak handling a bamboo pole with heavy and wet clothings.

Smiley So similar to lifting heavy dinning chairs or something, they simply drag along and create a screaching sound. Probably a new tenant came in and his carpenters are working part-time, so need a few nights to put everything in place.

Smiley Try not to involve the police. The police will simple say , alamak this is not a criminal offence. At the same time having 2 policemen knocking at our neighbour's door will aggravate the situation and agitate our neighbours more. End result...... Smiley more noise will be created.  Smiley ( more carpenters will start working at night )

I would think, the best solution is to recognise those neighbours and when you meet them in the lifts, or elsewhere, greet each other, make friends and slowly relate your problems to them and finally I belief, even rough, uneducated people will understand . It takes time and patience to reach an amicable solution.

Hope it works.  smile GOODLUCK. Kampong spirit lah !!
Twig

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 02:22:05 AM »

I totally understand where u're coming from. I've stayed at my unit for 4years oreadi. Initially, we were quite alright with each other (we n d above unit). When we juz moved in, of course their noises would be bearable but as time goes by, we realised itz an everyday thing. Hubby went to speak nicely to them before, it continued. This family hardly goes out, d man works from home, travel occasionally, wife's a housewife and the 2 kids. Imagine when we want to rest n take naps on weekends, over the course of this 4 years I have never got a chance to probably rest at home. It's either their stomping, or dragging and slamming of furniture. I can be in my bedroom napping and get woken up by one of the kids jumping up and down in the living room. It goes on and on. I have made complaints to police, and a few months back to the HDB. They tried to improvise at first but I guess, a leopard can never change itz spots.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: