Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 09, 2024, 07:20:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sportsman leaving after getting medals.  (Read 27260 times)
tom

Ignore
« on: March 10, 2007, 04:30:28 AM »

Quote :

" SINGAPORE : Singapore is saddened by the decision of national table tennis player Zhang Xueling to leave for China, but it respects her wishes to be close to her family.

Ms Phua had said Zhang's decision to leave was the latest addition to the count of 3 basketball, 6 hockey, 1 football and 1 badminton player who had since left their sports. "

Personally, I feel Singapore should wake up and do some simple mental arithmatic. You know once in Vietnam, I was proud to tell my business friends there, about how our country, a little red dot in the ocean, manage to scoop  gold medals in sports. You know what happen ?

The group laughed and laughed hilarously, the mini-restaurant almost topple. Of course being a Singaporean, I was  Angry Sad mad  and  demanded an answer. They asked " why you have blacks, ang mohs, africans in your team. " You people never win " is a blant answer.

What can I say.....I got to be  Lips Sealed . What to do ?.........I felt a little bit disgrace ..........

Advertisement

Confuz

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 07:59:30 AM »

hahaha...... all these while we know.. but wat can we say..... only can laugh.. hahaha.......
ask ourself... how many home grow sportsmen do we have?hahaha...
if not for the citizen and the ..... (u know what la), u think they want to come meh?? haha..
aiyo... nothing special la.... this is just the beginning.... hahahaha......
Americano

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 08:52:36 AM »

What to do? Our govt believes in using $$$ to solve every issue. Everything use $$$. How will the country improve when they have been harping on globalization, competiveness and being number 1 all the time. This country has been harping on job creation even after 40 years, whist in 1st world nations, they are concerned with quality of life. So how will Spore progress, when we are still concerned with bread and butter? In short, how will Sporeans be encouraged to pursue their passion and dreams in sport? Instead of encouraging our youth to explore, they use $$ as a quick fix. So how will Sporeans feel? Talk about national pride? Look at what our country has become today. Its a total tragic!
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 09:27:12 AM »

S'pore citizens very great meh? NAIVE....
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: