Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 15, 2024, 08:10:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shopping Centre, Cinema and New Bus Interchange  (Read 31624 times)
sweetheavens

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2007, 11:23:00 PM »

hmmmm~ i did a search but only found the 1996 ura master plan for jurong and this website... and can't find source of the info too, such as official news release etc... guess those are old news, already taken off the web or archived somewhere else out of our reach...

go to this website, scroll down to "Looking ahead" or do a search for "jalan bahar" and u'll find this:

By 2010, Tengah will be developed into a residential area, Jalan Bahar will have a business park, and an LRT system will be in place, linking Jurong Island with Bukit Batok. Jurong East will have watersports and its own yachting marina. Jurong River and Tuas will see business parks, and as a consequence, the MRT will be extended to Tuas. The latter may have some wafer fabrication industry, and sixty percent of its land area will be used for industry, compared to only twenty-eight percent presently. Singapore's first desalination plant will also most likely be built there.

if that's true, jalan bahar should be striving like jurong east (with international business park) now, with all the nice malls like IMM and JEC, library etc... but seems like for now, there's only the old folks home and a boys' home...  Undecided my friend staying there say the place darn ulu and quiet, bus stop not near the flat and at night also dun dare to go home late.

ermmmm~ so from that quoted excerpt of the article, jurong ppl can't wait for 2010 to come?? well at least jurong sports complexes all up and running at jurong east and jurong west. also, jurong point is being expanded, air-con'd interchange on the way, mrt extending to pioneer and benoi etc... all these happening - as in under construction - right NOW. just as i'm about to leave this place. sheesh~
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 11:29:46 PM by sweetheavens » Logged

Advertisement

sweetheavens

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2007, 11:33:28 PM »

oh ya i found this... it's in excel sheet format, go to row 43 and look at the date...

(i can't stop giggling over the "Health & Titness Centre"  Roll Eyes)

back to work!!! *gonez*

tritonxv

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: September 05, 2007, 11:41:09 PM »

oh ya i found this... it's in excel sheet format, go to row 43 and look at the date...

(i can't stop giggling over the "Health & Titness Centre"  Roll Eyes)

back to work!!! *gonez*

Hehehehehehe!!! Titness Centre.. so what will happen there ?

"To err is human, To forgive is divine."
Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2007, 02:18:21 AM »

Oh yes, Jurong East is happening. It seemed they are going to build a big mall at the junction there.

By 2010, Jalan bahar residents will have business park. Already built? How to complete in 2 yrs' time?

Love to go back to my old town. Holland V, IMM, Jurong East central, Clementi Central, traditional hawker centres.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: