Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 20, 2024, 07:39:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Karang Guni Man  (Read 39803 times)
waterpoint

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2007, 11:30:48 AM »

what can we do then Huh?

Thought by thought and action by action ...

Advertisement

Americano

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2007, 11:45:21 AM »

Well, let me tell you the truth what exactly happen.

The industry has become very competitive because of foriegn workers, working as cleaners. They have access to storage rooms in the void decks and collect daily from residents who leave their stuff outside the door. Every weekend, these foreign worker cleaners would sell them to a collector who brings them into Malaysia to sell. Some bicycles or shoes missing will probably also end up there. This is unique in Punggol because only the bangladeshs here have access to storage rooms. In fact, each of them has a master key to all the storage rooms, thus the local uncles are left in hunger and have to come everyday. Uniquely Sinkipore!  thumbs up
eothian

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2007, 12:57:07 PM »

Well, let me tell you the truth what exactly happen.

The industry has become very competitive because of foriegn workers, working as cleaners. They have access to storage rooms in the void decks and collect daily from residents who leave their stuff outside the door. Every weekend, these foreign worker cleaners would sell them to a collector who brings them into Malaysia to sell. Some bicycles or shoes missing will probably also end up there. This is unique in Punggol because only the bangladeshs here have access to storage rooms. In fact, each of them has a master key to all the storage rooms, thus the local uncles are left in hunger and have to come everyday. Uniquely Sinkipore!  thumbs up

I quite agree. My neighbours are keeping their children bicycles outside the flat and I wonder one day if one day they will be stolen. But I guess people who leave their things outside wouldn't mind if they are stolen (like my beighbours) otherwise they shouldn't do so.

Talking about stealing things, could these karang guni be people who take down metal railings and sell them as scrap metals ? Afterall, they got the contacts to sell the scrap / recycable stuffs.

Why some animals are still not kept in the zoo ?
waterpoint

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2007, 06:08:26 AM »

dun be overtly worry lah ... in the pace we're going, we might be starting to worry if they start stealing the brick around our flat to re-sell ...

Thought by thought and action by action ...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: