Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 09, 2024, 08:30:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Karang Guni Man  (Read 39714 times)
Snapper

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 05:34:49 AM »

I'd like to check with you guys how often the Karang Guni Man comes to your house. I have one visited me yesterday and one today. Seems they are different people but doesn't the latter know we had one visted us just yesterday ?

My cousin told me that sometimes, these karang guni men are burgulars because they know which house is vacant by their 'patrolling'. He also told me there was a case of a female karang guni lady who visited houses to give 'special services' to male house-owners on the pretence she is going around collecting old newspapers and clothes. Have you guys met any of such undesirable characters ?

Nevertheless, it does seem karang guni men patrol our estate more frequent than the police officers; house-to-house, blocks-to-blocks almost everyday ! Maybe they should join the police force ?  thumbs up

you do have a point there.  i remember many years back, there was this man who pressed door bells or knocked on the door of every unit of the block he visited so that he could monitor those units that were vacant during the day.  he was was arrested for housebreaking and later on he told police abt how he went abt observing units by pretending to be karang guni man.  so, if you notice the same karang guni man everyday at your block, then better keep track.  i must say that i'm not against karang guni.  if i'm at home, i'll keep my doors closed.  if i hear karang guni man sounding the horn outside my unit, i will peep thru the door hole to have a good description of him.  if he comes everyday, then i will keep track on his movement.  so far, i've not notice the same karang guni man coming everyday whilst i'm at home.

Advertisement

Alaska

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 08:25:44 AM »

my cluster here, everyday have karang guni. These karang guni men alighted by the same lorry every morning. They will be pick up at about 5pm. There are about 10 men to conquer the whole Punggol I guess.

Vivien Wong

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 09:26:16 AM »

Normally they called out below our block/ at the playground area. I stayed at home everyday and so far, haven't heard them calling from door-to-door.

My father IL has his contact no should he needs him to drop by for any collection.

Maybe you can try this method. Save all the waving and shouting for them. And yes, they won't know whether you are at home or not.

eothian

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 09:45:50 AM »

Thanks Vivien, that will be helpful !

Even if it is different karang Guni men, they can be working in a 'syndicate' so they can monitor the houses they visit everyday. Hmm....

Why some animals are still not kept in the zoo ?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: