Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 09, 2024, 03:55:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How "far" can a MP help?  (Read 43823 times)
Styliaga

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006, 01:54:25 PM »

Hi,

I went to see MP Penny on 2 seperate occasion. First, for my daughter's P1 Registration , then my area carpark issue.
What they did is to write a letter to the resp Ministry/Board on my behalf (which I think I can also do it) which both a negative reply received from both the Ministry / Board. Even worst, about my daughter's P1 Registration, she gave me the wrong info.

Even the MOE personnel who called me said "U think go MP got pakai meh." which actually shocked me.

So, I'm just wordering whether anybody knows
1. how "far" can the MP help the residents? In another words, how powerful are their words.
2. should the MP who wants to help the residents knows the basic process for things to be done in Spore?3. there are 6 MPs in Punggol-Pasir Ris GRC, will they rotate them around or are we stuck with MP Penny?

Hope someone can enlighten me.
Thank.

this is wrong if wat this is moe reply ......sad

Advertisement

aimnfire

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 10:29:37 PM »

Even the MOE personnel who called me said "U think go MP got pakai meh." which actually shocked me.

its because we got too many MP's
all the letters that MP wrote suppose to hold much respect and power
but sad to say
I've become immune when my colleagues said another MP case
cause there are too many of them
and receiving them have become normal
not like last time where rare cases with MP letter makes us sit up and take notice

so if you think MP can help you,
think again
it might be a waste of time
instead you should approach directly to the person in charge

i think it got to do with last time when
a little petty thing, people will said 'I will get my MP to deal with you'
until people get fed up on hearing the word MP
Fattie Bom Bom

Never let failure conquer you!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 11:02:42 PM »

Tats is quite sad.... Wats to do young town mah...

In The Midst Of Difficulties Lie Apportunities. Never Give Up. It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.
kochmeister

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006, 11:18:31 PM »

Yeah I do agree with aimnfire. If you don't mind me saying, some people here complain too much and expect everyone to drop everything and attend to them.

Sometimes when things don't go right, deal with it yourself. until you have exhausted all your avenues then seek the MPs assistance.

When one approaches anybody for assistance, and by that I mean not only MPs; after awhile anyone will look at all cases as trivial and a waste of time because some issues are indeed petty. And because of this, serious ones tend to get overlooked as small and petty as well which is a sad thing.

If you have lived elsewhere other than Singapore, you may note that most people tend to deal with their problems on their own first unless it involves a community issue where it involves everyone as a collective. Only when you cannot resolve it on your own and you face government barriers such as protocol should one then contact their local town council.

And that's one of the reasons why I am attracted to Punggol.Sg. If there are issues that need resolve, we as a community should help one another first and if that doesn't work, then we proceed to the next level. that way, important issues will never be overlooked.

All a question of importance and priority and we must recognise what is important for the community and what is important on a personal level.

We do this intelligently and with consideration, we can get the results we want.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 11:26:48 PM by kochmeister » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: