Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 09, 2024, 11:18:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How "far" can a MP help?  (Read 43830 times)
jumanji

Ignore
« on: July 25, 2006, 08:23:28 AM »

Hi,

I went to see MP Penny on 2 seperate occasion. First, for my daughter's P1 Registration , then my area carpark issue.
What they did is to write a letter to the resp Ministry/Board on my behalf (which I think I can also do it) which both a negative reply received from both the Ministry / Board. Even worst, about my daughter's P1 Registration, she gave me the wrong info.

Even the MOE personnel who called me said "U think go MP got pakai meh." which actually shocked me.

So, I'm just wordering whether anybody knows
1. how "far" can the MP help the residents? In another words, how powerful are their words.
2. should the MP who wants to help the residents knows the basic process for things to be done in Spore?3. there are 6 MPs in Punggol-Pasir Ris GRC, will they rotate them around or are we stuck with MP Penny?

Hope someone can enlighten me.
Thank.

Advertisement

vinedwa

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 08:48:29 AM »

i had a similar experience three years ago. When I hear what other MPs in the other wards can do , I wonder whether our MP , Penny Low , has any standing in the goverment. Compared to Indranee Rajah , Cynthia Phua , who can make this happen for their residents, Penny is no where. We are not fortunate to be bless with a resourceful MP. It will really help us a lot as Punggol is a growing town which needs a lot of direction from the MP. An inexperience MP like Penny is not worth much to Punggol .
vincentchua2412

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 09:17:25 AM »

Usually,the first letter won't help.
They would want you to see them 2-3 times,
To show you that your's is not a simple issue,that only required a single letter.
I have tried seeing her,It's only after the 3 time that the problem is solved.
kochmeister

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 11:40:35 AM »

Let me give my take on this.... I'm not taking sides but remember one thing MPs may be good for voicing out concerns of the common folk but when it comes to the govt rules and regulations, even MPs sometimes have no say in the matter. They are not always effective not because they don't want to be but they don't have a choice. On the other hand, some MPs simply aren't creative enough to come up with alternative solutions they play by the book too much and I seem to notice that the emphasis here are on MPs with high educational qualifications. Sometimes it takes one with street smarts to make things work. Something lacking you suppose?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: