Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 09, 2024, 03:22:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Advice: Going Hong Kong In Oct  (Read 6563 times)
Ling2

Ignore
« on: September 20, 2007, 10:29:50 PM »

Hi all,

We are bringing my 2 kids to Hong Kong this Mid Oct. Is our 1st time there and will be staying in the Dorsette Hotel near Temple Street. Heard the hotels are small but to save cost, we thought just squeeze a bit lor by bringing a sleeping bag Tongue Any good advices on which are the higly recommended places to visit for kids, for shopping and eating (beside Disneyland and Ocean Park)? Hope to do some homework before going so as to save time planning when over there. Your precious advise is much appreciated. Thank you Smiley

Advertisement

UknOwWho

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 02:41:23 AM »

waving

You can check out this web page:

http://www.12hk.com/shopping/hk_shop.shtml

most common place to shop for tourists is in Mongkok/Tsim Sha Tsui but you will need to have some bargaining skills there for small shops  clapping  while shopping ctres u cannot really bargain.......

Enjoy cheers
SERENERIC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 02:30:04 AM »

Hi Ling2

I would recommend SWEET DYNASTY at Canton Road.
They serves nicest beancurd (tao huay) and wanton noodle.
These two items are a must try.
Check out their website www.sweetdynasty.com.hk

As for breakfast, I suggest you try Maxim's Fast Food.
They serves very nice Loh Mai Kai (Chicken Glutinous Rice).

Sorry I am not very sure of the place of interest for children cos I usually go with my friends.
love_punggol

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 06:02:38 AM »

while in Kowloon
If u are stayingin Dorsette then take the train and drop at TST (tsimshatsui) then find exit of 'Ocean Terminal' - this is place where kids would just love. Biggest Toy R Us in Asia and basement level are just for kids only -kid would love Jumping Gym, then walk step out to look at the Ocean where vessel parked (free). -- after 1/2 day tour in Ocean Terminal, it will be just walking distance to Victoria Park - this is where you usually see the lover in canto drama filming show (like Clark Quay in Singapore).

while in Hong Kong island
take a train to CENTRAL (this is where business district is like Shenton way) . Hop on the tram to the Peak - Kids will enjoy the tram ride most - spend the day in Peak = very nice and wonderful palce for kid (how old is your kid BTW) if kid is younger, when you are back, take train or walk to Admiralty (1 station away from Central) - find yr exit to Hong Kong Park - wonderful for kid - playground, (kid love to dig the sand there), nice flowers, man made waterfall - rememerb to take your camera.

very busy now will tell u more later - any qustion pls ask.

am singaporean family still living in HK  today:)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: