Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 05, 2024, 10:43:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any good recommendation in Langkawi  (Read 5217 times)
DoDoWhite

Ignore
« on: July 26, 2010, 04:44:07 AM »

Hi,

Anyone be to Langkawi? Will be going this December with family including kids between 9 to 7 years old, Free and Easy.

Any recommendation on nice places of interest that must not miss out and good food to try. Is the transport there expensive getting around to places of interest?

I look forward to all of your reply.  waving

Advertisement

fashion

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 10:01:11 PM »

Island hopping tour, jungle trekking, cable car ride (they claimed the highest in Asia or South East Asia can't remember).
There are shopping malls, seafood restaurants along the coast.
Rent a car is better.

Not sure why the actual places of interest are not the same as what the advertisement.

anggunkl

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 05:57:23 AM »

Are you actually looking for tour packages or activities associated at Pulau Langkawi? Either we can help you with just please PM us about it!:)

Your best choices for Malaysia travel :-
http://www.hotelreservation.com.my
abcdefg

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 01:31:07 AM »

I suggest you rent a car if you drive

Langkawi is an island afterall, you can't get lost. Tourist spots are easy to navigate to if you stay on the main roads.
Watch out for the cattles that are grazing along the road!

I was there in Aug, kinda off peak period. Got a Toyota vios for 4D3N. Cost me SGD 125 +- .
Spend prob 30RM on petrol.

Pretty laid back place, enjoy the beach, the sun.
You can check out the day tour packages when you are there, tons of pamphlets and brochures at the arrival hall. If you rent a car, you can drive yourself to the tourist spots and just get the entrance tics on the spot.

Plently of pushy guides too. Don't be surprise if you are paying different prices for the same tour booked from different agents. There is usually a mark up.

Snorkelling is nice, usually they try to sell you the premium package. Nonsense about being on a platform in the middle of the sea and all with buffet spead.

The cheaper alternative would be snorkelling at the beach area ( enclosed ) .

BTW, the platform and the beach is prob like 50m away from each other.

Plently of rooms and hotels available, you can check out the reviews online.
The resort i went to has a no children policy, so i won;t bother recommending.

Food along the tourist stretch is reasonable, seafood not fantastic in my opinion, can get decent bbq stingray and tze char around the same price as SG after conversion.

Enjoy your holiday.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: