Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 29, 2024, 04:51:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Car sharing scheme  (Read 4769 times)
ya1012

Ignore
« on: May 29, 2007, 09:18:05 AM »

Is anybody using a car sharing scheme? Can you share about it and if it is easy to book the car when you really needed one? Is it cheaper & more feasible than say taking a cab?

Advertisement

jeffire

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 11:55:25 PM »

hi,

i'm with whizzcar. if u stay near blk 107, it's good cos their cars are there. renting a car is cheaper than owning one, of cos but is still more expensive than taxi. it depends on the route you are going, and for how long because they charge by the time and distance travelled). 

eg, say i'm going to AMK hub for dinner. it takes roughly $7 to go there by taxi and back (on good traffic conditions). the time taken is similar to if i were to drive. taking public is cheaper but you have to transfer bus ->train -> bus so if you have many people going, say 5, the costs and time taken may not be as worth it as spending that extra $10 for the comfort and convenience of driving. (assuming you are going for 2hrs only)

check out www.whizzcar.com for more details! bookin is easily as you can call or do online. but there is monthly membership fee and using the car for too many times a month is also exp...

the ntuc carsharing the carpark is at blk 293. ntuc seems to be cheaper...and has a wider coverage. even my school SMU also have!
sunshineliv

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 06:48:14 PM »

The sad thing is that these car-sharing schemes do not cater to "P" plate drivers  Sad Although I havent got my licence yet, but it certainly wont be a choice for me when I pass eventually and it is not because I do not want but it does not allow me too.
ya1012

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2007, 11:33:24 AM »

Hey jeffire,

Thanks for sharing that! I understand what u meant by the "public transfering hassle-from bus->train->bus....", especially staying in punggol...that's why it made me ponder about the car sharing scheme.
How long have u been with whizzcar? Do u always get to book the car in blk 107 when u need one so far?

I've checked out both whizzcar & ntuc website, u r right, the ntuc seems cheaper.... hey, then y r u with whizz then?

Sunshineliv,
Hope u get your licence soon...
Indeed for "P" plate drivers, the choice are not many, but guess what, it's just for a year! 
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: