Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 01, 2024, 08:29:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IT Show is coming!  (Read 14866 times)
Runner

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2007, 09:42:36 AM »

was also thinking to get a LCD TV ... any good brand?
Depends on ur budget & the size u wan.
Most important, get an extended warranty, maybe another 2-3yr. Check if the warranty cover panel.
Cos if the panel goes, u can get a new tv, rather than repairing it as it will cost a bomb.
I've experienced it, lucky i got the extended warranty.

Advertisement

waterpoint

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2007, 03:20:43 AM »

was also thinking to get a LCD TV ... any good brand?
Depends on ur budget & the size u wan.
Most important, get an extended warranty, maybe another 2-3yr. Check if the warranty cover panel.
Cos if the panel goes, u can get a new tv, rather than repairing it as it will cost a bomb.
I've experienced it, lucky i got the extended warranty.

What brand did you get then? How much did you pay for it? It is worth buying?

Thought by thought and action by action ...
Runner

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2007, 04:36:20 AM »

This happened to my Samsung Plasma in dec'05. The panel got a 1" yellow line in the middle from top to bottom.
My warranty was over. Luckily, i got the Havey Norman ext warranty for another 2yr.
Called up HN, they sent Samsung tech to access the situation, Tech told me that the panel has chemical leakage, need to change the entire panel, which is abt $2.7-$3k.
HN customer serviced called & gave me 2 options:
1. proceed with repair, HN will pay.
2. get a new Plasma which costs $3k, anything extra, i need to top-up.

So i got a new LG plasma at $3k. Paid for another 3yr ext warranty. LG agent warranty 2yr + HN ext warranty 3yr = Total 5yr!

Have read up at other forums that many have had their LCD/plasma tv with panel problem, 1yr warranty over, no choice, got to get new tv. There goes their $3-5k investments.
waterpoint

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2007, 09:37:47 AM »

This happened to my Samsung Plasma in dec'05. The panel got a 1" yellow line in the middle from top to bottom.
My warranty was over. Luckily, i got the Havey Norman ext warranty for another 2yr.
Called up HN, they sent Samsung tech to access the situation, Tech told me that the panel has chemical leakage, need to change the entire panel, which is abt $2.7-$3k.
HN customer serviced called & gave me 2 options:
1. proceed with repair, HN will pay.
2. get a new Plasma which costs $3k, anything extra, i need to top-up.

So i got a new LG plasma at $3k. Paid for another 3yr ext warranty. LG agent warranty 2yr + HN ext warranty 3yr = Total 5yr!

Have read up at other forums that many have had their LCD/plasma tv with panel problem, 1yr warranty over, no choice, got to get new tv. There goes their $3-5k investments.

Seems wiser to get an extended warranty then ...

Thought by thought and action by action ...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: