Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 26, 2024, 06:56:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Consumer complains that SingTel sells used phones  (Read 7647 times)
mysticryan

Live life to the FULLEST!!!

Ignore
« on: March 30, 2007, 10:46:45 AM »

Bloody crappy excuses from Singtel!!! luckily I din sign up for their 10MB boardband free R60 thinkpad deal... my friend sign up and still waiting for his notebook... singtel only deliver the modem and quoted that the supplier will call him... all deliveries suppose to start from 19 march... until now... he still have not gotten his... and singtel still promoting this deal!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

SINGAPORE: One unhappy consumer complained that she was sold a used phone at a SingTel retail shop.
SingTel said their phones come from manufacturers and consumers need to check the product when making a purchase.

Just because it comes in a new box does not mean it is a new phone - which was what private banker Ivy Ling found out when she left the SingTel Hello! shop without checking her phone.

She said: "While I was loading my contacts list, I went to the message section and in the message section, I noticed a lot of SMS messages to a lady called Sharon.

"The lady actually told me that she lost her phone in a cab. That brings me further to query whether I've been sold a used and stolen phone."

Channel NewsAsia was unable to contact Sharon to confirm if she really had lost her phone.

But the news team verified that the International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number on the phone matched that on the box.

Ms Ling said: "I went personally to the Hello! shop to inform them of this thing and they told me that they'll consider this as a faulty phone, and will replace it with a brand new phone."

Responding to our queries, SingTel said: "Hello! shops only sell brand new phones. All handsets that we sell come directly from the manufacturer and IMEI numbers are checked before they are put on sale."

SingTel is currently investigating the matter.

SingTel added that consumers need to check their phones thoroughly before leaving the shop to ensure that problems are resolved at the time of sale.

Last year, there were over 4,500 cases of mobile phone theft.

Advertisement

acerbyte

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 08:15:53 AM »

A lesson learnt and a reminder to all who are going to buy brand new phones. Better check at the counter rather than bring the product back for an exchange.  Undecided
tom

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 06:29:15 AM »

When this news first appear on TV , everybody gets very excited. Today it seems nobody including the girl who pays for a brand new phone, but got a stolen or whatever phone is also quiet. The culprit is also quiet.....now nobody  is making any noise. It seems to me nothing actually happens.  mad head banging so ??  Shocked no solution, no investigation ?? This sad story will keep repeating and repeating.........and finally nobody cares.
tom

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 06:42:35 AM »

Is Singtel another cash converter ?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: