Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 20, 2024, 11:17:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: tree top walk / ubin  (Read 10905 times)
Lxwong

My precious boys..

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2006, 09:51:01 AM »

Hi Shells,

Interesting pictures you've taken. So your friends enjoyed their tour in Singapore??

Lxwong

Advertisement

shells

Squirrel, Squirrel... here I come!!!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2006, 08:32:59 PM »

yah, they enjoyed the places we went, esp the frog farm, the tree top walk and the agrotech farm opp sungei buloh nature park.. we walked farm to farm after that.  i wasn't able to spend time with them during weekdays coz of work but only on sat and sun.  actually there are many places i've never even went to myself.  so it's very good lessons find myself learning something new everyday (actually i very mountain tortoise one, never see so many frogs before all my life!! Cheesy).  on saturday evening, Cierra taught me how to bake her favorite chocolate cookie pie.  she went PP with Hunter to buy the ingredients.. i envy them, they quit their jobs for 8 months tour around the world.  she's a veterinarian, he's a tv commercial producer.  someday, i hope i can be like them   Roll Eyes take a long break and travel. 

i'm expecting another guest from italy soon, he's just came from Morocco, is departing for KL today. hehe  stick tongue

Lxwong

My precious boys..

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2006, 10:23:04 AM »

Wow Shells!! Your friends are from around the world!! Shiok...next time they can play host when you visit their country liaoz.. clapping clapping clapping
shells

Squirrel, Squirrel... here I come!!!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2006, 09:26:01 PM »

hehe.. that's the whole purpose of Couchsurfing.. i host them, they host me.. or, need not be hosting each other.. when they come to town, i show them around..

actually before i knew this site, i was already doing couchsurfing on my own.. when i went SF, i stayed two weeks at Albany, Al Cerito with my spanish friend of 6 yrs.. also couched on his sofa bed. then i moved to oakland, San Leandro, stayed with a chinese friend (known her for 10 yrs online!) for another 2 weeks..  very shiok..  both places, they cook for me, brought me out to different places and restaurants, etc.. i introduced them to each other.. now they become friends too.  there was once, we were both on the golden gate bridge.. the spaniard was on his way home after work.. suddenly we saw each other in our cars among the whole bridge of cars.. haha!  like strike lottery like that.. i kept shouting to him and making alot of gestures to catch his attention, coz i was too excited.

then in june, i hosted 3 korean friends in my home for 5 days.. hehe!  we had alot of fun.  they also invited me to go korea, only need to buy my air tickets.. food and lodging all taken care by them, can stay as long as i want.

i enjoy this kind of cultural exchange very much.. if i go by tour group, you will never get to knw such places.. they will just bring you to "tourist places", where they can earn commission.  they won't tell you of the method to get best value for money.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: