Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 06, 2024, 07:13:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recycling of small Tin Container and Plastic Bottles  (Read 4895 times)
limweech

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 01:44:24 PM »

I wrote to NEA, and they phoned back. The URL I posted previously is outdated. Updates are now done on http://www.onemap.sg/
Enter in your postal code, eg. 820168 for Punggol Plaza. click on the "themes icon", and choose Environment, and Recycling Bins. The recycling bins near the postal code will be shown on the map.

Following are screen shots I made of the website, and how to find the recycling bins,

* Picture 36.png (598.41 KB, 765x517 - viewed 588 times.)

* Picture 37.png (558.11 KB, 761x514 - viewed 578 times.)

* Picture 38.png (579.91 KB, 762x512 - viewed 564 times.)

Advertisement

limweech

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 02:17:50 PM »

Following URL http://app2.nea.gov.sg/topics_recyclingprog.aspx shows the Recycling Programmes available.

Unfortunately, recycling/ disposal for fluorescent lamps is not available. Currently to be disposed as general waste.. put the used lamps back into packaging if possible and discard.. take care not to break the lamps, especially when there's people around.. there's mercury in the lamps..

i will email the Pasir ris punggol town council to see how they are disposing used fluorescent lamps.. and whether residents can tag on to use the same method for disposal.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 02:49:12 PM by limweech » Logged
limweech

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 06:09:56 AM »

Town council reply is "we currently do not have any specific arrangements for the disposal of fluorescent lamps"
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: