Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 06, 2024, 03:56:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RC Planes anyone?  (Read 8573 times)
xxJiMboZxx

Ignore
« on: July 23, 2007, 05:58:59 AM »

We at Punggol Field Walk have a great recreational activity and a great passtime for both younger ppl from 10yrs to older ppl 80yrs which is flying remote control planes. Besides flying friends and family can gather around and chit chats and relax. After a whole day of stresfull work I will always come down in the evening relax and flew a couple of rounds on my plane. Before sitting down and chat with friends and going dinner with them.
As far as I am concern, we try to make the place safe with others kids or ppl jogging around by asking them to keep clear when we are landing or taking off. But its sad that sometimes these ppl misunderstood us and thought we are chasing them away.
Now we have a signboard saying "No flying of Remote Control Planes'' When we checked, we were told that the reason was because residents complains that we dirty the place. We always try our best to keep the place clean although there is no rubbish bin could be found, we bought our own rubbish bin and left it there for ppl to throw their litters there. We even gather round and do area cleaning of the fields around Punggol Field Walk and stopped flying there for a moment, but sad to see litters all around again. So it seems that we are not the only culprits, but we are taking the blame for it! Sad
We were invited to fly when we had the Punggol-Sengkang bridge opening ceremony and eveyone had a good time despite the showers of blessing that came upon us.
Now we were invited to fly for National Day Celebration here in Punggol, but sad to say we have no place to practice and everyone of us have to scatter all over the place to look for a place to fly and gather.
Has and anyone like to share their views on this?  Cool
Cheers!

Advertisement

xxJiMboZxx

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 07:50:09 PM »

Hey guys, you are welcome to post in any comments regarding this and share your views, so that we can try to improve on the situation here.
Cheers! cheers
Bee_Flower

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 03:14:00 AM »

Well, sad to read about this.  Cry

I brought my children there to look at the planes before, they liked it so much. Looking at a "toy" plane flying around like real ones is not something that we see everywhere. Sometimes when I drive pass, I will stop for few minutes to admire the good flying skill of some of the guys.

In term of irresponsible people throwing rubbish around, it happens at a lot other places. Places where I don't see anyone fly RC plane. Sometimes I notice there was urine smell at this place, for sure I don't think it was the act of any of the guys flying. Why? Simply because it is too obvious to urine at a public place under daylight. I don't see anyone flying RC planes at night.

I too wish this place will come alive again.

xxJiMboZxx

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 08:01:30 PM »

You're right! It could be children or drivers that parked their trucks there at night.  chitchat
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: