Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
April 29, 2024, 01:43:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kukup getaway  (Read 23344 times)
shells

Squirrel, Squirrel... here I come!!!

Ignore
« on: January 04, 2007, 06:12:05 AM »

is anyone interested to play fire crackers?  I'm planning to visit Kukup, Malaysia during Chinese New Year.

if we can gather enough people, we can rent a holiday bungalow there.  it's very cheap only.  i have a cousin who's running a coffeeshop there.  usually when i go alone, or with a max of 2 friends, i will just stay in one of her rooms above her coffeeshop.  she has a guestroom i can bunk in.

the bungalows there, you can sing karaoke, do bbq (and play mahjongs), and it has many bed rooms too.  for those who have never been there, kukup is a very rustic place, there's red wood forest, dirt cheap (but good!) seafood.. there are kelongs to visit, etc...

basically i just go there to unwind and relax myself.  there's ferry services / coaches from singapore to go there if we are going in group.  for me, i'm familiar with going there by buses (it's much cheaper to change at Larkin interchange).  so i don't take either.  i take buses by myself.  it's somewhere near Pontian.

i miss playing the firecrackers there... especially the chong tian pao.. beats playing with the fake ones here.

you can look at some of the pictures i took

http://sz3sz3.com/journal/Kukup/index.html
http://sz3sz3.com/journal/malaysia/kukup/scenery.html

but if you are looking at something like beach resorts,  then you can stop looking further :-)

on the overall, you should spend less than $50 including transport. 

it's just a small village, so we should need to spend less than 2 nights there.

if you are interested, pls put your name below.  will see how's the response like.
and state whether you prefer to take coaches or ferries there (i'm not so sure about their schedules, have to check later).
or, if you are fine with taking regular buses to Larkin terminal, then transfer.  i don't drive, so this is usually how i go in when i go myself.

Advertisement

Peace@Punggol

Its a Bird Its a Plane Its.......Peace@Man

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 01:41:24 AM »

How abt driving there in groups or convoy shld be fun too? I'm on for the idea and lets discuss on the dates but may not be on CNY lah I assume others maybe doing their visiting.

For me the best timing wld be:
a) 24-25 Feb (Sat/Sun)
b) 3-4 Mar (Sat/Sun) - my hatch day

Btw how many days we intend to spend there 2D1N or 3D2N
shells

Squirrel, Squirrel... here I come!!!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 09:53:23 PM »

i think the 3 and 4th will be good too.  2D1N will be gd enuff. 

pls indicate yr interests / pax and confirm ASAP.  as we need to start booking the chalet the sooner the better, else they'll be fully booked by time we confirm.

i dunno the routes to drive there..  worse to worse, just tke a travel coach / ferry there if any of u dun like taking buses to larkin then changing.

Fire76

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 10:20:47 PM »

3rd March i cannot lor..Will be in KL for Wang Lee Hom Concert.. Cry Cry Cry
Driving in is cool, or we can book a mini bus to go in lor.  cheers cheers cheers
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: