Punggol.sg Punggol.sg
Punggol.sg Forum Terms of Service
Punggol Surroundings Punggol Topaz Historical Background Submitted Articles Articles - Child Care Centre Birds in My Backyard - Punggol 21
Notice: Crime Prevention Punggol Bus Guide Punggol LRT Guide BBQ Pit Booking
 Completed Project  Project In Progress
 Condominium  Others
Enrichment Programme Essential Telephone Numbers Infant/Child Care Services Kindergarten Primary/Secondary Schools Healthcare Establishments RCs, Fire Post Shopping Mall in/near Punggol Fashion and Accessories Food Country Clubs Camps Places Of Worship Others
May 14, 2024, 08:41:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Terms of Service

Home   Photos Help Calendar Login Register  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Central Christian Church , Punggol  (Read 17921 times)
Prodigalson

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 10:19:29 PM »

I would recomment a Non-denominational Bible study to check if any church's teaching is biblical and of the new covenant:

Title: Wielding the Sword of the Spirit
Description: Non-denominational Bible study. Rightly dividing the Word, the gospel of grace, salvation, the dispensations, end times prophecy, assurance, Bible chronology, creation science, and evidence by prophesy and types, and shadows...

http://www.matthewmcgee.org/

This study has help me understand HIS word alot better and I would encourage you to check it out.

Shalom,
one of God's many prodigal sons  Grin

" Right Believing will produce Right Living ! "
"Christianity is a lifestyle; do not let tradition and denomination make it to be a religion"

Advertisement

ShengXi

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 11:03:48 PM »

I had visited this church. There are a parent workshop on this coming July and August. This workshop is specially for those parent with children. For more information , i will post it here.

clapping  chitchat

Feel free to visit there. It is a nice church oh! blushing

Well uedaso, I don't think you had merely "visited" the church. You seem like a key member there. Based on your other postings & those of your fellow members about parenting courses, we're wondering if this is another way of adding "membership" to your organisation?

There are many churches in Punggol and Sengkang but no one advertises like that. Evangelism is not only about adding numbers. To quote Prodigalson "Right Believing will produce Right Living! Christianity is a lifestyle; do not let tradition and denomination make it to be a religion."
Prodigalson

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 09:58:13 PM »

Well, CCC teachings was from their founder Kip Mckean and THEIR FOUNDER [Kip Mckean] was even disfellowshiped from their movement, somewhere in 2002.
http://www.davaochurch.wachanet.com/teachings.html

Their beliefs is:
4.  Repentance and Baptism are necessary for the forgiveness of sins and to receive the gift of the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:38) 
http://www.seachurches.org/new_website/resource_beliefs.htm

However, kindly note that Acts 2:38 was preached by Peter to people of Israel.
After Jesus Christ ascended into heaven, Peter preached that the people of Israel should believe that Jesus Christ was who He said He was, the Messiah. They should repent, and be baptized with water (Acts 2:38). If they all did this, then Jesus Christ would return and bring in the kingdom just as the Old Testament prophets had foretold (Acts 3:19-21).

In order to understand the Bible, one must study dispensationally, that is, rightly divide the scriptures (2 Timothy 2:15). But what does it mean to study dispensationally or to rightly divide? On the most basic level: It is reading a Bible passage and asking, "Am I in the group of people being spoken to here?" That is, "Is this passage speaking to Christians?" Most commonly, we are taught that the entire Bible is written to us. But that is not entirely correct. The whole Bible is written for us, for our learning, but not all of it is addressed to us.

For example: When God gave the law to the people of Israel through Moses in about 1500 BC, one of the laws was to do no work on the Sabbath. The Sabbath lasts from sundown on Friday to sundown on Saturday. When a man was found picking up sticks on the Sabbath in Numbers 15:32-36, God commanded the people of Israel to put him to death by stoning. Now does that mean if we see our neighbor mowing his grass on Saturday morning that he is committing a sin? Should we round up the whole neighborhood and kill him? Of course not. We must realize that the children of Israel were not Christians. We are not under the law of Moses like they were then. They lived in a different dispensation from us.

Well, we CANNOT take the Scripture out of context and make it to be a doctrine   Cry
Our Christian beliefs must be based on the New Covenant, Jesus's Finished Work on the Cross.

Shalom,
one of God's many prodigal sons  Grin   

" Right Believing will produce Right Living ! "
"Christianity is a lifestyle; do not let tradition and denomination make it to be a religion"
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 10:03:09 PM by Prodigalson » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: